Director, Investment Banking
Chicago / New York / LA / Houston /
Portage Point Partners /
Portage Point is an elite boutique business advisory, interim management, financial services and investment banking firm that partners with companies and their stakeholders during periods of growth, complexity, transition and underperformance. We are an operationally-oriented and financially-grounded team encompassing a broad range of expertise built to maximize value and align stakeholder interests while guiding businesses through the most urgent and complex challenges ranging from performance improvement to corporate finance to accelerated transformation to complex financial restructurings and sales.
Named the 8th Fastest Growing Consultancy in 2020, listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 and listed on the Financial Times list of The America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2022, the firm’s growth story and unique value proposition will provide the foundation for accelerated growth in the years ahead. To capitalize on the growth and enable the firm’s expansion the Director, Investment Banking will work alongside the Head of Investment Banking to execute the practice line’s inaugural strategy. This is an opportunity to leverage bulge bracket investment banking expertise to expand and further enhance our ability to deliver creative, customized solutions to middle market clients.
The Director, Investment Banking role offers an opportunity for the ideal candidate to leverage the firm’s rapidly expanding platform and work alongside the Head of Investment Banking to sell and deliver traditional investment banking services (i.e. sell and buy-side, capital markets, etc) involving middle market companies experiencing growth, transformation, transition, stress and / or distress, including liability management transactions, financings, M&A and restructuring solutions, whether implemented out-of-court or through bankruptcy. The role is a client delivery leadership position that represents a unique opportunity for a highly capable professional with a proven track record to make substantial contributions to overall firm growth. This is a key role in building the investment banking platform and enabling middle market clients to achieve their strategic priorities. Ultimately, the Director, Investment Banking will focus on leading challenging and complex engagements within a collaborative team environment as well as ensuring all aspects of engagements are delivered with the highest quality standards and impact.
- Working with the Portage Point team (Associates to Managing Directors) to lead execution of all deliverable workflows necessary to consummate transactions for middle market companies undergoing growth, transformation, transition, stress and / or distress
- Reviewing and analyzing client financial statements and projections, financial modeling, accounting, due diligence on balance sheet and P&Ls
- Creating and presenting client deliverables
- Negotiating, documenting and assisting in transaction execution
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university required
- Seven to 10 years of investment banking transaction experience
- Knowledge of bankruptcy law, valuation and credit agreements
- Experience with privately held and sponsor-backed businesses
- Knowledge of current market terms and trends
- Expertise in project management and client-facing activities, including leading client presentations, business development meetings, developing work plans, planning and execution of work, supervising team and coordinating with other internal and external service providers
- Experience supervising other professionals and acting in a manner that that serves to motivate, inspire and develop
- Proven leader in the delivery of high-quality work that exceeds client expectations
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times and act with urgency
- Commitment to out-perform in high pressure, time-constrained environments
- Applicable professional certification(s) are preferred
- Highly competitive compensation with quarterly bonus payments, premium health insurance and 401(k) programs