Head of Performance Improvement
Chicago, IL /
Portage Point Partners /
Transformation, Restructuring & Interim Management Location open with preference for Chicago / Dallas / Houston / Los Angeles / New York
Portage Point Partners (“Portage Point”) is an interim management and business advisory firm that partners with stakeholders during periods of transition, underperformance or distress.
Portage Point is currently seeking exceptional candidates to continue to build the firm’s Performance Improvement (“PI”) practice. Portage Point has significant experience analyzing, managing and successfully executing performance improvement, business transformation and value creation related matters. In just five years, the team has completed nearly 40 performance improvement / transformation engagements with selected engagements including Encyclopedia Britannica, eTailz, Tucker Powersports, Maurice Sporting Goods and Myron.
This role offers an opportunity for the ideal candidate to leverage the firm's rapidly expanding platform to build and execute a PI strategy alongside an elite team. Named the 8th Fastest Growing Consultancy in 2020 and listed on the Inc 5000 in 2021 the firm’s growth will enable unmatched career progression.
The Head of PI role at Portage Point will entail strategy development and execution, business development and client delivery leadership and represents a unique opportunity for highly capable professionals with a proven track record and relevant network. The Head of PI will develop and execute a strategy to expand the practice, develop new and existing client relationships, lead challenging and complex engagements within a collaborative team environment as well as ensure all aspects of engagements are delivered with the highest quality standards and impact. This is a senior role with the company, equivalent to a selling partner who owns client relationships.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Originate and sell engagements across a network of senior executives, private equity firms, lenders, lawyers and other related clients
- Drive PI business opportunities and cross-sell complementary Portage Point service offerings
- Develop network and relationships to yield an active referral base of high-quality opportunities
Practice Leadership Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Founder & Managing Partner, Head of People and existing team members to establish practice expansion strategy
- Execute practice expansion strategy through business development, marketing, talent attraction and talent development activities
Client Delivery & Engagement Execution Responsibilities
- Work directly with Portage Point team members to develop comprehensive solutions to complex operational and financial challenges across the business lifecycle
- Work with the Portage Point team of Associates to Managing Directors to lead project execution of all deliverable workflows
Firm Development Responsibilities
- Lead and collaborate on internal workstreams including but not limited to the continuous improvement of go-to-market strategies, marketing activities, learning and development programs and other growth related initiatives
Expectations for the Role
- Develop and execute PI practice expansion strategy
- Engage in business development activities that yield originations
- Deliver irreproachable value far in excess of client cost and / or expectation
- Exhibit consistent, unwavering desire to overcome obstacles, outperform expectations and accomplish goals / tasks
- Invest in the development of junior team members and firm growth
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Must have direct experience in client development, engagement development, negotiation / selling and leading engagement teams
- Significant experience executing operational, financial and business process performance improvement, transformation and value creation services across consulting or private equity at a top-tier firm
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business across a network of corporate relationships, private equity sponsors, lawyers and / or lenders
- Deep experience supervising other professionals and acting in a manner that that serves to motivate, inspire and develop
Highly competitive compensation with quarterly bonus payments, premium health insurance and 401(k) programs. Location flexible with preference towards Chicago / New York / Los Angeles