Director, Performance Improvement
Portage Point Partners /
Performance Improvement /
Portage Point Partners is a business advisory, interim management and investment banking firm intensely focused on the middle market. Our blue chip team leverages bulge bracket experience in consulting, operations, finance, accounting, investment banking and investing to provide unmatched transactional, operational and financial perspectives to middle market stakeholders. The Portage Point cross-functional platform is uniquely architected to offer fully integrated capabilities and solutions that identify value capture, mitigate risk and positively impact outcomes at every stage of the ever-changing middle market business lifecycle. From ideation to monetization, Portage Point delivers excellence across transaction advisory services (TAS), transaction execution services (TES), office of the CFO (OCFO), performance improvement (PI), interim management (IM), investment banking (IB) and turnaround and restructuring (TRS).
Recognized for accelerated growth, Portage Point Partners is consistently featured in rankings from Inc. 5000, The Financial Times and Consulting Magazine. This recognition is a testament to the firm’s focus on excellence, intensity and pace and ability to attract blue chip and bulge bracket talent committed to delivering impactful solutions.
The PI team supports middle market private equity, direct lenders and corporate clients across every stage of the business and investment lifecycle. Our team partners with clients to identify, facilitate and implement action plans that drive value capture and risk mitigation. From new deal value creation, performance enhancement, value recovery and transformation, our team provides diligent strategy and tactical support with scalable solutions that align with each individual clients' need.
The Director, PI at Portage Point Partners represents a unique opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a wide set of responsibilities and make a significant impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This Director, PI will lead client engagements across various industries and services working directly with client teams to develop comprehensive solutions to complex operational and financial challenges across the business lifecycle. The Director, PI should be prepared to work within a small, collaborate team environment to manage discrete work streams.
- Work directly with senior personnel at Portage Point and our clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complex operational and financial challenges across the business lifecycle
- Work with the Portage Point team of Associates to Managing Directors to lead execution of all deliverable workflows within scope, on time and within budget including using a hypothesis-based approach to quickly close knowledge gaps, source key data and provide analysis, delivering value creation plans with quantum and speed of opportunity capture, creating prioritized tactical action plans focused on what needs to be done by whom and when, supporting business functions to create and implement new assets, artifacts and governance, leading completion of client deliverables and presentations with high-degree of clarity, rigor and attention to detail and driving action plans to completion through interim management, project management, direct execution or execution advisory
- Contribute to the origination and selling of projects including experience pitching to or partnering with senior executives, private equity firms, lenders, lawyers and other related buyers
- Support the development of service-line playbooks, proprietary perspective and thought leadership
- Provide professional development coaching to junior team members
- Share and manage best practices as well as lead internal trainings where required
- Lead business development efforts
- Support talent acquisition and firm development efforts
- Contribute to creating a high-performing and inclusive culture
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate program
- Located or willing to self-relocate to Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York or Philadelphia
- Interested in a team-based culture that involves in office four days per week
- Willing to work at client sites as needed
- 10 plus years of advisory experience across several of the following: Financial Assessment & Office of the CFO, Sales Effectiveness, Acquisition & Merger Integration, Organizational Realignment & Business Process Optimization, Working Capital Optimization, Cost Out or Interim Management
- Extensive experience managing other professionals and acting in a manner that serves to motivate, develop and inspire
- Personal network and relationships that yield new opportunities and engagements across transformation, restructuring and interim management
- Proven ability to cross-sell complementary service offerings and expand network
- Ability to successfully work in a small, collaborative team environment
- High degree of maturity with a proven ability to interact with senior executives, private equity firms, lenders, lawyers, middle managers and line workers
- Effectively communicates analysis through Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint including high-quality messaging, structure and formatting
- Eagerness to be responsive at all times
- Proven track-record of success in high pressure, time-constrained environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong e-mail etiquette
- Top-tier organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit
$480,000 - $825,000 a year
The City of New York and the State of California require Portage Point to provide compensation information for this role. This range represents the anticipated minimum and maximum base + bonus for this position based upon a good faith and reasonable estimate. The final compensation for this position will be set based on the applicant’s qualifications (education, training and/or experience related to this role), and therefore, may fall outside the range shown, depending on the circumstances.