Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco /
Global trade touches every human life - but very few know about the $3 trillion freight forwarding industry that makes trade possible.
Shippers and their freight partners - carriers, brokers and freight forwarders - power this complex industry and are responsible for the coordination and movement of large shipments of goods. You’d think that an industry this large and important would be managed efficiently, but most interactions between everyone involved in the movement of freight occur via email, PDFs, spreadsheets and sometimes even paper.
As our senior frontend engineer, you will help us build a freight procurement platform that standardizes data across freight transactions and streamlines the procurement, reconciliation, and payment workflows for shippers and their partners.
Our mission is to set the standard for transparency and collaboration in global logistics, and your code commits will help increase trust in global trade transactions and drive pricing efficiency.
(Even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying if you are inspired by our mission.)
It’s an excellent time to join because:
- You’ll work directly with the CEO (ex-Flexport, ex-Uber) and our advisory team (ex-Uber, Airbnb, Flexport, KeepTruckin, Heroku) as a thought partner.
- You’ll significantly influence the product roadmap as we scale.
- You’ll set best practices and the engineering team culture.
- As one of the first few engineers, you’ll have a clean slate to build everything from scratch.
Who you are professionally:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer in frontend development.
- You have experience with large, high-scale applications and leading decisions on architecture.
- You have deep experience with cross browser compatibility and performance optimization techniques.
- You possess strong skills in analyzing system logs and debugging web applications.
- You have experience building large applications with reusability and componentization in mind.
- You possess proficient knowledge of best practices for testing and version control.
Optional, but nice to have:
- You have enough experience with backend technologies like Node.js to build scalable APIs.
Who you are personally:
- You like to work in fast-paced environments and wear a lot of hats.
- You are detail-oriented and dedicated to delivering high-quality work.
- You have a strong product sense and can build engaging tech for b2b customers.
- You have a passion for problem-solving and navigating ambiguous problem spaces.
- You enjoy experimentation and like data-driven decision-making.
- You are a proactive team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share/collaborate with peers.
We offer a competitive salary and equity package, additional benefits include:
- Full healthcare benefits.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Remote first culture.
- Your choice of laptop and other home office equipment.
If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.