Revenue Management Associate
Portoro – HQ Operations /
Full Time /
Who we are
Portoro is a branded, tech-enabled property management company for premium vacation rental homes in top-tier leisure destinations. Portoro curates a select network of large, premium vacation homes that provide guests with more consistency in quality and service, yet more diversity in experiences. We are raising the bar for the $100+ billion growing STR industry.
What we are looking for
Portoro is seeking a Revenue Management Associate to analyze market trends, identify opportunities for performance improvement, and deliver a best-in-class service to Portoro homeowners. This role requires excellent communication, extreme diligence, and the ability to constantly adapt to an ever-changing market. In this position, you will be expected to understand STR performance from all angles, with a full understanding of the performance impact from non-revenue related factors. Culturally, this individual will be obsessed with performance data, driving revenue for homeowners, and winning with fellow team members. We are looking for someone who is naturally positive and self-motivated. The Revenue Management Associate is responsible for supporting the Senior Revenue Manager in the creation, implementation, and maturation of revenue management strategies. This individual must be or quickly become an expert in all things related to short-term rental performance across online travel agencies like Airbnb, VRBO, and more. This role will work closely with Operations, Guest Experience, Homeowner Success, and Onboarding to ensure perfect representation of the Portoro brand.
What you’ll do
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures, and best practices.
- Identify new revenue arbitrage opportunities across all OTA platforms.
- Optimize listing settings and expand OTA partnerships.
- Create home revenue projections based on emerging trends and localized data.
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Audit fee structure to identify and capitalize on opportunities.
- Provide a weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and comparisons.
- Analyze and adjust strategy for all 3rd party distribution.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity.
- Conduct quarterly property performance reviews.
- Support FP&A team in all ad-hoc requests.
- Respond to ad-hoc issues immediately during or after business hours.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to prioritize and reprioritize your tasks.
- Communicate with professional service vendors to ensure that all tasks are scheduled and completed on time in accordance with our quality standards.
- Support Portoro leadership on any projects or initiatives as required or requested.
- Handle all administrative tasks on time.
What you'll bring...
- 1+ years in revenue management and/or 3+ years in a finance-related field
- Background in real estate and/or short-term rentals (preferred).
- Experience with the following systems: Guesty, Wheelhouse, Escapia, Salesforce, Asana, GSuite, and more.
- Experience with management or as a senior individual contributor with the ability to think strategically and tactically
- Attention to detail and positive, enthusiastic and passionate about ensuring a positive experience for guests.
- You are a producer - you have a proactive attitude that overcomes obstacles in order to ensure output and positive results. Prioritization skills: ability to apply frameworks for selecting highest impact initiatives to hit.
- Bravery, the ability to push back and communicate what needs to be communicated to ensure healthy outcomes.
- You are a self-starter and have a bias for action.
- Impeccable project management skills: you are able to juggle multiple work streams, priorities, and stakeholders without missing a beat.
- Data insights: ability to distill themes from support data to actionable insights to improve internal operations and guest experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing to varying stakeholders.
$50,000 - $70,000 a year