US Remote /
Operations – Finance /
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for broad ownership of financial reporting, systems, and operations including closing cycle, tech stack management, payroll, tax compliance, internal controls, audits, reconciliations, management reporting, vendor contract management, and treasury. The Accounting Manager will be the fifth person to join Posh’s new Finance team and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get in the action and eventually build out an accounting function. You will be working towards high operational standards, including a closing cycle of 7 business days. A trusted partner within the business and to the executive team, the Accounting Manager will support departments to ensure we’re performing against plan and provide advisory around investments, efficiency, and growth. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to embark on a journey with a fast-growing, award-winning SaaS company and deliver on highly impactful work - even better if you’ve seen this growth play out before and want to join at an earlier stage.
Posh recently raised $27.5m Series A from top investment firms including Canapi, Underscore, Curql, as well as $7.5M in additional funds from individual credit unions. We’re proud to share that 80+ credit unions are part owners in our CUSO (Credit Union Services Organization).
- Financial Reporting & Operations: Execute on full cycle accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, internal controls, reporting and adhering to all regulatory deadlines around bank covenants, tax compliance, payroll, and R&D credits. You’ll be helping oversee a tight closing cycle in an accurate, timely, and complete manner to deliver monthly consolidated P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements.
- Financial Processes: Responsible for enhancing and executing accounting policies and workflows (e.g. order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, etc.) to align with Posh’s growth and complexity of transactions. Contribute to building the department’s handbook, new internal controls, and work towards our objective of building a world-class finance team.
- Tools & Automation: You have an eye for technology and efficiency and will be helping Posh build out its financial infrastructure for scale to increase automation and reduce risk of errors. You will oversee implementation and integration of new systems, improve checks and balances, and enhance controls.
- Internal Controls & Audit: Alongside Controller, assist with the external audit process and be a core contributor to due diligence in future capital raises.
- Business Partnering / Cross-Functional Collaboration: Support Controller and FP&A with department partnerships helping evaluate financial / operational performance and business cases by providing reports and analyses (e.g. billing implications from new order-to-cash process, cash collection impact on payment terms changes, etc).
- Ad-Hoc Projects: Assist in the planning and implementation of key operational projects such as new cost center frameworks, performance dashboards, custom P&Ls by dimensions for different departments, metrics dictionary, etc.
- We are looking for candidates with 4-6+ years of experience in an accounting / finance role or equivalent, having worked in close management, full-cycle accounting with previous experience in Big 4 Public Accounting. Bonus points if you have industry experience in:
- High-growth SaaS / Technology company experience in the range of $10-25m+ in revenue.
- Complex accounting issues or managing complex accounting processes, such as contract review and revenue recognition analysis (ASC-606) or stock-based compensation (ASC-718).
- Bachelor of Commerce specializing in accounting or finance with a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA or equivalent).
- Strong proficiency in US GAAP.
- Previous experience in team management / leadership within finance.
- You are familiar with systems such as Sage Intacct or NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, Salesforce, Tableau, Rippling, Brex - you will bring a lens of where automation is needed, help select vendors, and oversee implementation.
- You should have:
- A builder’s mentality with ability to design processes, document, and develop frameworks to enable scalability of a fast-growing company.
- Track record of execution and a big team player attitude, able to lead projects start to finish.
- An obsession with accuracy and meticulous attention to detail. You take pride in your superpower of knowing every dollar that comes in and out of a company.
- A passion for all things numbers. You are a deep analytical thinker with advanced Excel skills hunting down the financial story of what happened and why.
- A design / infrastructure mindset - you look at how reports and models are built, you think about how it can look better and what data feeds it, and how to connect tools and information harmoniously.
- An excitement to work in a fast-moving and growing company. You are highly adaptable and understand startup environments with a proven ability to take charge and roll your sleeves up to get the job done.
- You also are:
- Well-versed with SaaS / Technology business models and metrics, keep up with market trends
- Passionate about data-driven discussions, giving finance a narrative, and you find ways to bring the “aha” moments and deep level of insights that influence big business decisions
- A highly resourceful self-starter, hungry to find and deliver on opportunities for new value-add projects, improve on your work, and seek new knowledge / resources
We’re on a mission to power a billion helpful banking moments, and we’re using cutting-edge conversational AI to do it. Our platform powers digital assistants like Citadel’s Adel, TruWest’s Trudy, Salem Five’s Sally, and dozens more. We arm any financial institution with the capability to provide an exceptional, conversational customer experience regardless of their assets under management or the communities they serve.
This is an incredibly exciting time to consider joining Posh. In November 2021, we closed a $31mm Series A venture round that will allow us to continue investing in our product and people. In 2022, we doubled our team size from 35 to 70, and we increased our customer base by four times. We have big goals, and we’re looking for people to help us achieve them.
Why we're a great place to join
- We value growth. We want you to be smarter and more capable than the day you joined. To that end, we celebrate regular “growth days” for you to learn what you want.
- We’re building this together. We’ve designed our teams to be cross-functional, and we know a diversity of perspectives is required for success.
- We value you. We offer competitive compensation (cash and equity), benefits, and employee perks.
- Our technology is cutting-edge. We ship fast and always look for opportunities to improve our product.
- Our customers love our products. It’s the reason we’re growing, and the inspiration for new product ideas.
- We make mistakes. Building a company is hard, and we don’t get everything right every time.