Series Background Artist
Austin, Texas /
Background Design – MOTU BG /
Powerhouse has been trusted with some of the world’s most important brands: Castlevania, Masters of the Universe, Mickey Mouse, Marvel Comics, and DC Comics characters (to name a few). We are also well known for our work in video games and advertising. Having worked with brands like Old Spice, Devolver Digital, New Balance, Airship Syndicate, Coca Cola, Activision, Riot Games, and AMC, Powerhouse Animation offers a wide variety of creative services.
From pre-production tasks like character design and concept design to storyboards and animatics to final turn-key production of traditional animation, motion comics, and commercial animation, we are trusted to turn an idea into animated reality. As a service animation studio, we have worked in almost every style of traditional animation from gritty anime to feature animation to web-based cartoon animation.
We are at a fever pitch for animation and we are looking for the best talent to come and join our team.
Powerhouse Animation Studios is looking for an in-house Background Artist to join our team at our Austin, TX studio location. We are looking for artists that will work on long form productions and adhere to the style dictated for the show. You would be expected to work with a team of background artists to achieve the desired outcome of all backgrounds needed for the series. For examples on the type of work that would be expected of you, please click on the links below.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the outlined style.
- Strong background design skills.
- Relevant drawing experience necessary.
- Thorough understanding of perspective.
- The ability to work well within a team structure.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Complete all rough, revised, and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
- Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and saved.
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
- Be available for questions until your department’s shipment is complete.
- If required, generate multiple views of environment and specific elements within it.
All applications are reviewed by a real person at Powerhouse Animation. We'll be in touch should there be a fit!