Senior Web Developer
Who we are
PowerTrade is a fast growing crypto trading platform for trading crypto options and other crypto derivatives. Our Android and iOS Apps are live in the respective App Stores, and offer a mobile- first trading experience that’s designed to be simple, fast and focused on trader success.
Our community is what keeps us focussed and dedicated to delivering our best. PowerTrade not only offers a mobile-first crypto options platform, but has also designed the PTF DAO token which governs a treasury covering traders in black-swan events. We want traders to be successful and do everything we can to educate and inform the trading community of opportunities in crypto.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer to build the next-generation cryptocurrency platform.
Senior Web Developer responsibilities include leading a team of junior and mid-level developers, refining web-related specifications and resolving technical issues.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience building realtime products such as trading applications, video games, chat apps or any other high throughput applications with websockets or gRPC.
Previous experience in FinTech/Financial Services and crypto would be an advantage, but curiosity, experimentation and empathy for the user experience would be most important. If you have experimented with webassembly, smart contracts, or have used emerging technologies in interesting ways, you'll thrive in our environment.
- Identify user and system requirements for new applications.
- Prioritize software development projects, set timelines and assign tasks to team members.
- Create wireframes to decide on layout.
- Write or review code for various applications.
- Run functionality testings and debug code.
- Oversee junior/mid-level web developers and evaluate their performance.
- Liaise with designers to decide on UI/UX elements.
- Ensure all software documentation is up-to-date.
- Collaborate with vendors, mobile and back-end developers to build mobile-responsive websites.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An inordinate amount of common sense.
- Extensive work experience as a Senior Web Developer.
- Experience with mockup and UI prototyping tools.
- Deep understanding of security practices (OWASP, etc.).
- Interpreting client specifications and identifying platform user requirements.
- Identify trade-offs and make critical decisions based on technical and business requirements.
- Creating timeframes and work schedules to meet (and beat) deadlines.
- Communicating effectively with clients, teams and Senior Management.
- Updating records and writing reports (standard discipline).
- Debugging and ensuring software documentation is updated and current.
- Liaising and syncing with mobile and backend developers.
- Establishing strong professional relationships with clients and other professionals.
- Supervising junior web developers, analyzing areas of weakness, and scheduling training sessions as appropriate.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Superb interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion to perform, and willingness to innovate and succeed.
Think you're a good fit for the role?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for crypto and trading and you’re up for the challenge of working remotely for a distributed team, we would love to hear from you and explore the value you can add to our team.
Visit our website at https://power.trade/ or find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.