IT Support Specialist - Help Desk (Temp to Hire) - Los Angeles, CA
Downtown Los Angeles /
Administration – IT-Network & Desktop Services /
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced IT Support Specialist with excellent technical and customer service skills to join our talented team. This position is the primary contact for technical support issues on workstations and provides user support on hardware, networking, printing, and software applications. The IT Support Specialist will provide administrative support to the IT Department and handle special projects from the Director, IT, and other IT staff members.
These activities provide maximum availability and accessibility to networked resources for Agency’s entire user base across Los Angeles County at many different physical locations. Preventive maintenance is also a part of the ongoing job. Ensure consistent, secure, and expected services to all customers by maintaining secure and stable network infrastructure and standards. Provide direct and indirect support to the entire user base and technical vendor interactions, including 24x7 support, if needed.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 52+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- College degree or relevant certification and equivalent experiences.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience working as an IT Support Technician or Help Desk role with a background in Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks utilizing industry standard hardware and software, Windows-based servers/workstations with at least 100 computers.
- Strong understanding of IT systems, servers, AD, Windows OS, Virtualization, SAN.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge in Windows operating system.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding, and usability of various software programs including Microsoft Office; Adobe CS Suite, Trend Micro, and other programs as needed.
About the position:
- Serves as initial point of contact regarding all technical requests to the IT Department.
- Provide Help Desk support and resolve various IT issues. Assign Help Desk tickets to IT Engineers. Prioritize and escalate requests as needed.
- Monitor, log, and track IT Support Help Desk tickets until issue is resolved.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, IT and IT staff.
- Diagnosing, maintaining, upgrading, repairing and configuring administrative systems, which include setting up computer systems for new users.
- Coordinates scheduling, process invoices and paperwork, scans and photocopies various documentation.
- Use, maintain, and improve ticketing software as needed to improve efficiencies.
- Provides technical support to Agency’s entire user base across Los Angeles County at many different locations.
- Create quotes, and Purchase Orders, for software and hardware. Handle ordering, tracking, and receiving of services and goods.
- Maintain inventory of all IT software and hardware.
- Provide IT and A/V support for various Agency events at various locations.
- Have strong customer service and excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas, information, and explain complicated concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests and assignments.
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate quickly and efficiently with Agency employees as well as IT staff.
- Participate in periodic after business hours maintenance windows i.e. fixes, patches and upgrades to network infrastructure.
- Support system security and access, including virus protection/monitoring tools, in alignment with IT procedures and direction of IT management.
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.