Software Engineer - Los Angeles, CA
Downtown Los Angeles /
Administration – IT-Network & Desktop Services /
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with excellent customer service skills to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. The Software Engineer is a vital member of the Application Development Team, responsible for supporting software projects' technical aspects within the Agency, including the administration, development, and support of the Agency's EHR system (NextGen), financial system (Dynamics GP), and all other related application and database instances.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 52+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience with the NextGen application suite, EHR, PM, and all ancillary products or similar platforms.
- At least five (5) years of hands-on experience with SQL Server Administration, Development, and Reporting, with expertise in managing databases in a real-time production environment with sizes over 500GB.
- At least five (5) years of hands-on experience with T-SQL development, including the creation of stored procedures, functions, and triggers. Must be able to do performance tuning and optimization of written code.
- At least five (5) years of hands-on experience with report development using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Have hands-on experience with a Financial Management system such as Dynamics GP.
- Experience in supporting application deployments/changes in real-time production environments.
- Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining websites using the Microsoft Technology Stack (.NET/.NET Core/C#/SQL Server/IIS) will be a plus.
- Familiarity with Healthcare Interoperability standards such as HL7 and FHIR APIs is a plus.
- Must have good problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must have hands-on experience performing basic SQL Server Administration tasks such as backup/recovery, setting up and maintaining scheduled database jobs, and performance tuning of queries.
- Must be able to work after hours to support application issues, upgrades, or deployments.
- Must be able to work with third-party application support to troubleshoot any application issues.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with system and network engineers on the Infrastructure team when working on projects.
About the position:
- Administration, maintenance, and support (during and off regular business hours) of the Agency's EHR and Financial systems, along with all other related application and database instances.
- Ensure uptime, performance, and effectiveness of EHR and Financial systems and all other related application and database instances, in line with Agency expectations.
- Ensure appropriate backup and systems recovery consistent with budget and Agency expectations.
- Provide reports and extracts of Agency data for Meaningful Use, Compliance Reporting, Productivity Dashboards, and Data Analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of IT and the Lead Software Engineer
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.