Medical Biller/Collector - Los Angeles, CA
Downtown Los Angeles /
Administration – Billing /
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Medical Biller/Collector with excellent clerical and customer service skills to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. The Medical Biller/Collector is responsible for the reconciliation and claim submission of each patient visit for all sites within the PPLA organization.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 52+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years experience as a medical biller.
- One (1) year experience billing Medi-CAL managed care plans and various medical groups.
- Complete understanding of medical billing – coding, documentation, claim filing, appeals, payment posting, accounts receivable.
- Knowledge with various payors – Family PACT, Medi-CAL, Medi-HMOs, HMOs, IPAs, PPOs, POS, EPO, Medicare, etc.
About the position:
- Responsible for the collection, handling and processing of all encounter charges for all sites.
- Responsible for the monitoring and correction of red edits.
- Responsible for reconciling tracking claims submission on balance sheet.
- Liaison to Center Managers and CDE staff regarding charge errors identified during the review process.
- Assign appropriate payor source for Medi-HMO and Insurance claims. Any new payor sources needing to be entered, a copy of information must be forwarded to Business Office Manager.
- Approve claims and transmit claims according to weekly schedule. Claims submission lag time shall be no longer than 7 days from date of service.
- Participate in Health Center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.