Project Manager Construction - Healthcare - Los Angeles, CA
Downtown Los Angeles
Administration – Facilities
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Project Manager with excellent customer service skills to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. Under general supervision, Project Manager, Facilities supervises Facilities development and renovation projects to ensure that clinic, education and office sites are functional, attractive and well-sited, and completed on time and on budget; manages and administers the siting, design, construction and delivery of new PPLA facilities and/or alterations/modifications to existing facilities, to include coordinating with internal clients, contracting with architects, engineering consultants, general and specialty contractors, establishing and maintaining schedule and budget,coordinating vendors, assuring quality control, and handling all aspects of contract management. The Project Manager – Facilities oversees the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for construction projects; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies and cost estimates; coordinates required governmental approvals; and coordinates timely pre-opening installation of furnishing, equipment and signage.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 52+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years of commercial project management (including managing the design and construction of new facilities) experience.
- Experience working with local, state and federal agencies regarding building codes and requirements.
- Strong organizational, negotiating and project management experience.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Good understanding of construction documents and contracting.
- Good understanding of architectural design and planning principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, engineering and realty management firms.
- Knowledge of building components and their function.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft project S
- Ability to multitask in numerous projects through each phase
- Ability to coordinate efforts of architects, engineers and independent building contractors.
- Ability to coordinate vendors – Security, IT, Furnishings and other equipment.
- Ability to assess finished product and service quality.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Measure project performance using appropriate technology and tools
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to foster a cooperative business environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
About the position:
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols.
- Develop detailed project plan and monitor and track progress
- Conduct project activities according to regulatory policies and procedures and within scope, quality and cost constraints.
- Develop a clear understanding of the project scope and the objectives.
- Prepare and manage project cost reports.
- Interpret functional clinic and office requirements to architects and translate plans to operational staff to ensure optimum functionality.
- Select and hire required consultants and architects for project team.
- Conduct bidding and select contractors.
- Secure or cause to be secured all necessary governmental and landlord approvals.
- Coordinate furniture, equipment, and signage design and installation.
- Coordinate with project sponsor for pre-opening training and public relations..
- Resolve conflicts.
- Manage risks.
- Conduct on site review and progress meetings.
- Liaise with stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Deliver required outcomes to stakeholders and sponsor, including on-time and on-budget completion.
- Maintain project records and files.
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.