Medical Assistant Wellness Center, Roosevelt HS *Bilingual* - Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles /
Patient Services – Patient Services Admin /
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced and caring Medical Assistant with excellent clinical, communication, and customer service skills to work full-time at the Roosevelt High School Wellness Center. Intermediate level position responsible for all supporting functions in the delivery of reproductive health care services. Performs all Medical Assistant front and back office functions. Assist patients by providing testing, screening, and education required for the provision of medical reproductive health care and to provide non-judgmental, empathetic education and communication on options for patients, as required.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 52+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) + years’ experience in a clinical/medical office setting.
- Medical Assistant Diploma from an accredited institution required.
- Medical Assistant Certificate preferred.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification required or willingness to obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Venipuncture and Injection training (to be completed within one (1) year of employment).
- Knowledge of surgical services.
- Leadership experience through committee participation, mentoring and training.
- Reproductive, managed/primary health care and/or abortion services experience desirable.
- Knowledge in California minor consent laws.
General Clinic Duties:
- All front office duties.
- All back office duties.
- Ensure clinic flow.
- Clean and stock rooms, center
- Follow-up of abnormal test results, CMR.
- Complete daily quality control log.
- Trained in teen counseling.
- Trained in sterilization counseling.
- Trained in HIV pre/post counseling.
- Handle difficult counseling situations with patients on such subjects as rape, STIs
- Obtain medical history, interview, counsel and educate clients ensuring informed consent
- Handle difficult situation with parents while keeping patient confidentiality.
- Order medication and clinic supplies.
General Front Office Duties
- Greet and assist all patients and visitors, whether in-person or by telephone
- Schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm patient appointments in a timely manner to maximize scheduling for patient volume
- Register patients and compile complete and accurate information
- Accept and process cash payments according to established guidelines
- Verify insurance coverage, determine patient eligibility
- Prepare and assemble charts, copy, transfer, and scan as needed
- Reconcile billing at the end of patient visit
- Maintain effective patient flow to assist in prompt treatment of patients
- Utilizes various computer programs to verify eligibility, schedule and register patients, enter charges, obtain benefit information, and generate letters for authorizations
- Appropriately refers patients to correct agencies or offices for service(s)
- Billing- complete CVRs, family planning
General Back Office Duties
- Obtain medical history, interview and educate clients ensuring informed consent
- Assist with the Patient Portal Enrollment process
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.)
- Accompany clients during procedures, as necessary
- Assist nurses and clinicians
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Provide abortion education per agency protocols, make appointments and complete pre-screening form
- Complete daily quality control log
- Clean and stock exam and interview rooms
- Comply with infection control, safety, and emergency guidelines
- Sharp handling
- Ability to clean Autoclave and monitor Attest system
- Dipstick urinalysis
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.