Health Center Supervisor - Long Beach, CA
Long Beach /
Patient Services – Long Beach /
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced and caring Health Center Supervisor with excellent communication and customer service skills to join our talented team at the Long Beach Health Center. This is not a desk job. PPLA supervisors roll up their sleeves and help out wherever needed. As a working supervisor you will solve problems while managing staff and organizing multi-service programs including a full range of reproductive health care services, family planning, surgical services, and other services as applicable. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the health center for efficient workflow and safe provision of quality patient care.
Looking for strong leaders to guide the health center with dedication and determination, leading PPLA to reach our goals. Encourage staff to unite around our common goal to serve the Los Angeles community with compassionate care.
Candidates should be passionate about the Planned Parenthood mission and eager to provide access to reproductive health care. Ensure staff and patients are organized and supported through our workplace values.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 55+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Medical Assistant Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of one-two (1-2) years’ experience in a health, medical, or social service setting required
- Primary/managed care experience required. Reproductive health care experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual preferred
About the position:
- Work closely in conjunction with the Center Manager and Health Center Supervisors II & III as applicable
- Assure health center’s compliance with Agency, state and federal regulations, by monitoring protocol compliance and service delivery and interfacing with on-site auditors
- Oversee the completion of staff training on front and back office duties such as: Pre-registration, Pre-admission, Insurance verification, Pre-certification, Collections of co-pays and deductibles, Billing, Patient intake, Patient procedures, Emergency procedures, Lab Duties, Infection control, Surgical duties, Special Services as needed
- Know and understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, and legislation affecting employment
- Review and approve time cards of direct reports for bi-weekly payroll
- Track overtime, attendance and ETO
- Research and respond to questions regarding payroll issues
- Assist with matters related to the day-to-day supervising and non-direct patient care related services in a multi-leveled services facility. Oversee full range of services including but not limited to: reproductive health care, primary care, and managed care
- Responsible for ensuring that health center is in compliance with established performance metrics
- Understand the payor environment, billing and fee scale requirements of the Agency
- Perform on-call duties
- Work cooperatively with center staff to maintain maximum communication and support between center personnel, Center Manager, Health Center Supervisors, volunteers, patients, and Administration
- Work in conjunction with Center Manager, Health Center Supervisors, Senior Management, Charge Clinicians/RN, and staff to implement new services, policies, and protocols
- Ensure inventory control policies and procedures are followed
- Assist with implementing additional services and training of staff as required
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.