Medical Assistant or Health Care Assistant
Flagstaff, Arizona /
Patient Services – Clinical /
We are seeking a Medical Assistant or Health Care Assistant for our Flagstaff Health Center.
The Medical Assistant or Health Care Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of reproductive health care services under the medical supervision of a Clinician and/or Physician. They assist clients by providing testing, screening, and education required for the provision of medical reproductive health care. The Medical Assistant or Health Care Assistant also assists providers to ensure high quality, efficient delivery of care. Ability to screen clients, prepare exam rooms and cover the front office when necessary. Must provide excellent customer services in a non-judgmental, empathetic manner to clients.
All medical employees at Planned Parenthood Arizona, Inc. shall provide record of Hep B and Rubella immunizations or titers at time of hire to demonstrate immunity. Employees have the option to sign a declination for the Hep B immunization only. Additionally, medical employees will comply with the PPAZ TB Infection Control Plan which includes at minimum a TB skin test at time of hire and annual TB symptom screening.
Who we are:
Planned Parenthood Arizona, a progressive healthcare organization offers valuable services to Arizona families by providing everything from affordable birth control and cancer screenings to comprehensive teen education and women’s advocacy programs. We operate Health Centers throughout Arizona.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- 1 year comparable clinical back office Medical Assistant experience. Women’s health experience preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience
In this role you get to:
- Greet clients in a professional, friendly manner.
- Instruct clients how to complete appropriate paperwork.
- Enter accurate and complete patient information into electronic medical records.
- Prepare outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail.
- Schedule appointments.
- Be responsible for knowing and understanding all medical services and programs provided by PPAZ, as well as fees.
- Maintain medical records.
- Ensure ample inventory and keep supplies in exam rooms and lab well stocked.
- Set up rooms at beginning of clinic and in between patient visits.
- Clean rooms between patients and at end of clinic.
- Maintain the sterilization of all instrument and instrument packs on an ongoing basis.
- Measures weight, height, and take blood pressure.
- Perform lab tests and veni-puncture within scope of practice approval.
- Document lab results in patient chart and in lab book.
- Instructs patients on procedures.
- Discuss exam results as instructed by clinician.
What we offer:
PTO and Paid Holidays
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Basic Life & AD&D - Paid by PPAZ
STD, LTD, Supplemental Life
Optional matching 401k
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
Planned Parenthood Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information:https://jobs.lever.co/ppaz