Call Center Service Staff - Bilingual (Spanish) - Part Time
NE Portland, OR
Patient Services – Patient Access Center
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is committed to providing, promoting, and protecting access to sexual and reproductive health care in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Since 1963, PPCW has provided a broad range of sexual and reproductive health care, including family planning, preventative care, and other medical services; trained and educated community members on issues of sexuality; and advocated for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each year, more than 58,000 women, men and teens visit a PPCW health center, located in NE and SE Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Salem, and Bend, Oregon; and Vancouver, Washington.
As a member of our team, we can offer you:
- A supportive atmosphere and collaborative environment
- Organizational emphasis on high-quality practices
- A gratifying personal experience
- Office culture of work/life balance and flexibility
- Amazing employee benefits
Position Summary: The Call Center is responsible for answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, problem solving & triaging questions to appropriate parties, and offering service referrals as needed. Other responsibilities include accurate patient data, providing general health and contraceptive information.
The Call Center is the primary point of contact for patients via telephone, setting the stage for a positive and supportive experience with our organization. Fosters a positive work environment with external and internal customers by providing professional, efficient and caring service. Performs duties to ensure individual and team productivity metrics and compliance standards are maintained
Compensation: Starting rate of pay is $15.92 hourly + DOE. Premium pay for bilingual abilities is an additional $0.75 hourly, and is contingent upon passing an in-house oral and written language exam.
Benefits: PPCW offers up to 4 weeks of paid time off, 8 paid holidays; 403b retirement account with matching; Employee Assistance Program; excellent and low cost Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance; Short and Long Term Disability insurance; Life Insurance; and Flex Spending Accounts for medical, commuting, and dependent care; plus voluntary AD&D, group accident, and hospital indemnity insurance.
Position Details: This is a union represented, hourly (non exempt) position.
Schedule: Part-time (30 hours/week). Mon 9-5, Thur 9-5, Fri & Sat 8:30-4:30.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated computer literacy with at least 35 WPM and basic knowledge of keyboarding, using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, the Internet and data entry systems.
- Demonstrated basic math skills such as add, subtract, and calculate percentages.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle stressful, sensitive and/or challenging situations appropriately.
- Equivalent of 2 years full-time work history including at least 1 year of customer service experience, preferably in a call-center, front-line health care, or social services environment.
- Bilingual Spanish Required. Must be able to pass an oral and written Spanish fluency exam with a score of at least 85%.
- Answer a high volume of calls and schedule appointments accurately according to scheduling policy.
- Complies with individual and team performance metrics goals established by the Call Center management team.
- Provide clients with accurate and clear information about appointment and services.
- Process online appointment requests when needed.
- Problem solve and triage calls to the appropriate parties
- Refer clients to outside providers for services PPCW does not offer.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Screen clients accurately for financial status, fee information and funding options.
- Understand funding sources and be able to discuss with clients as appropriate.
- Participate and contribute in trainings, committees and meetings as needed.
- Participates in abortion services which may include referrals, information and education about abortions.
- Record messages for the Call Center in Spanish using script approved by PPCWs Lead Interpreter (LIT)
- Participate in efforts to achieve affiliate goals on wait time, both in-clinic and on the phone, and adhere to the system for addressing client complaints. Adhere to affiliate workplace rules on professionalism.
- Perform additional duties as needed or assigned.
- Physical requirements: able to sit, perform simple hand grasping & fine hand manipulation at a computer/telephone work station for up to 8 hours per day.
We ask that all applicants submit a resume and cover letter. Please submit all documents in compatible file formats, such as Word documents or PDFs. We cannot accept Pages documents or Google Docs links.
If you are viewing this post from a third party site without a direct link, please visit www.ppcw.org/jobs and apply online today!
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, union activity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.