Facilities Maintenance Technician
Administration – Facilities
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is committed to providing, promoting, and protecting access to sexual and reproductive health care in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Since 1963, PPCW has provided a broad range of sexual and reproductive health care, including family planning, preventative care, and other medical services; trained and educated community members on issues of sexuality; and advocated for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each year, more than 58,000 women, men and teens visit a PPCW health center, located in NE and SE Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Salem, and Bend, Oregon; and Vancouver, Washington.
As a member of our team, we can offer you:
- A supportive atmosphere and collaborative environment
- Organizational emphasis on high-quality practices
- A gratifying personal experience
- Office culture of work/life balance and flexibility
- Amazing employee benefits
Position Summary: Provide facilities related support to all locations within the Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette affiliate. The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for coordinating and/or performing maintenance, repair, and replacement of all furniture, fixtures, equipment, and building systems for all locations (currently 7) operated by the affiliate.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will interact with the PPCW trouble ticket system to determine outstanding issues and to record implemented resolutions. Submitted trouble tickets are the highest priority for this position and must be addressed in a timely manner that is consistent with PPCW policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
In coordination with supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist with budget planning for the fiscal year, budget execution and procurement needs. In coordination with the supervisor, Facilities Maintenance Technician will provide input to plans and strategies, systems and new technologies that improve the facilities management and operations.
Compensation: Starting rate of pay is $18.00 hourly + DOE.
Benefits: PPCW offers up to 4 weeks of paid time off, 8 paid holidays; 403b retirement account with matching; Employee Assistance Program; excellent and low cost Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance; Short and Long Term Disability insurance; Life Insurance; and Flex Spending Accounts for medical, commuting, and dependent care; plus voluntary AD&D, group accident, and hospital indemnity insurance.
Position Details: This is a union represented, hourly (non exempt) position.
Schedule: Full-time (37.5 hours/week). Monday through Friday 8 - 4. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will be required to occasionally work other days (including weekends), hours and locations to meet operational needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years of facilities maintenance or equivalent experience, including some specialized trade skills with: carpentry; light plumbing; light electrical; and mechanical abilities.
- Demonstrated experience working independently, with limited direct supervision.
- Experience in the use and operation of tools; may need to use personal tools from time-to-time.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must own a vehicle in good working condition that can withstand an average of 50 miles of travel per week.
- Experience in healthcare setting or similar public organization.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of security protocols.
- Provide day-to-day support to overall facilities operation.
- Actively participate in operational planning for the facilities department.
- Provide hands-on support to repair most common building materials, including but not limited to painting, drywall repairs, ceiling tiles, cove base, carpeting, glass, tile, vinyl, furniture, and common wall mounted fixtures.
- Contact vendors, describe or explain issues, schedule and coordinate onsite repairs.
- Communication with staff peers and leadership to describe and provide status updates on situations and planned resolutions.
- Support response to weather-related conditions to ensure team members, patients, and visitors can safely access PPCW facilities.
- Other duties as assigned as necessary to meet organizational and business need.
- May be required early morning, evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Physical requirements: must be able to sit, walk, stand, squat, twist/bend neck & waist, reach above/below shoulder height, utilize repetitive hand movement (simple/power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing/pulling) for 6-8 hrs/day. Must be able to move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
We ask that all applicants submit a resume and cover letter. Please submit all documents in compatible file formats, such as Word documents or PDFs. We cannot accept Pages documents or Google Docs links.
If you are viewing this post from a third party site without a direct link, please visit www.ppcw.org/jobs and apply online today!
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, union activity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.