Chief of Patient Services
Administration – Chief of Patient Services
Since 1963, PPCW provides sexual and reproductive health care, family planning and other medical services; trains and educates youth, families, and community members on issues of sexuality; and advocates for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington. The affiliate serves more than 74,500 patient visits at their health centers in Beaverton, Bend, Milwaukie-Oak Grove, NE Portland, SE Portland, and Salem, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington. Their expert team of caring physicians, nurse practitioners and nurses provides a wide range of reproductive health care services for all genders including low-cost birth control, emergency contraception, gynecological check-ups and Pap tests, breast exams, cervical cancer detection and treatment, hormone provision, testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, menopausal care, vasectomies (sterilization for men), pregnancy testing and options information, abortion care, and referrals for prenatal care, parenting and adoption.
The team of trained educators provides comprehensive sexual health education programs to more than 30,000 youth and parents in their community each year. PPCW’s goal is to provide young people with the tools that they need to make informed, responsible choices. They reach out to young people through their teen peer education programs, development sessions for high-risk youth, educational presentations to schools and community groups, and professional training for youth service providers. PPCW partners with Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon and Planned Parenthood Votes Northwest, which are visible and powerful political organizations advocating for reproductive rights and reproductive health issues wherever public policy is deliberated and formed. PPAO has a grassroots network of more than 35,000 supporters and community-based Leadership & Advocacy Teams. Through their shared efforts, Oregon is a state with no restrictions on abortion and family planning services.
Position Summary: Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief of Patient Services will be responsible for overseeing health care services which includes operations, planning, development, implementation, expansion, monitoring and evaluation. They will be a key member of the leadership team and play a significant role in the affiliate’s strategic direction and overall financial stability. Chief of Patient Services will implement PPCW’s new strategic business plan for all of the health centers and promote consistent operations across the health centers. A strong commitment to patient and employee satisfaction is a critical function of this role.
We are looking for a mission-driven leader with strong healthcare experience and a solid understanding of revenue cycle. This leader must be innovative, entrepreneurial, think out of the box and approach this role with a great deal of humility, flexibility and collaboration. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in supporting a values based culture, and mentoring and developing a team that thrives in an environment with a high level of accountability.
- Provide effective day-to-day leadership and management by being actively involved in all Patient Services Department programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of those programs and services, while exemplifying the mission and core values.
- Develop and support collaborative working relationships across the organization.
- Promote PPCW’s dedication to serving their clients and staff with integrity and humility.
- Responsible for driving the organization to achieve operational business goals and objectives.
- Provide programmatic leadership for strategic plan implementation as it relates to PPCW’s health care services.
- Work as an effective colleague in an integrated multi-disciplinary environment.
- Identify and/or sponsor opportunities for PPCW to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective business strategies and processes.
- Focus on the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the objectives of our organization.
- Assist with fundraising initiatives as needed.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
- Represent the organization in external and internal settings with knowledge and diplomacy.
- Other responsibilities as identified and assigned to meet business needs and strategic priorities.
Minimum Qualifications for Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s level degree in Business or related field.
- Eight years of strong operational experience in a health care environment.
- Five years in a senior management role.
- Five years of experience supervising professional and medical staff.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and understanding of health care; clinical education preferred.
Please submit your resume for review through this site. If you have further questions, please contact Julianne Schoepp with Morgan Consulting Resources at 415-233-8991.
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, union activity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.