Advanced Practice Clinician (FNP) - Southeast Portland
SE Portland, OR
Patient Services – Clinical/Medical
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is committed to providing, promoting, and protecting access to sexual and reproductive health care in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Since 1963, PPCW has provided a broad range of sexual and reproductive health care, including family planning, preventative care, and other medical services; trained and educated community members on issues of sexuality; and advocated for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each year, more than 58,000 women, men and teens visit a PPCW health center, located in NE and SE Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Salem, and Bend, Oregon; and Vancouver, Washington.
As a member of our team, we can offer you:
- A supportive atmosphere and collaborative environment
- Organizational emphasis on high-quality practices
- A gratifying personal experience
- Office culture of work/life balance and flexibility
- Amazing employee benefits
Position Summary: Provide reproductive health care services to a broad-based population. Provide skilled patient care in the clinical setting including gynecological exams, screening and treatment, counseling, contraceptive advice and prescriptions, detection and treatment of vaginitis, cervicitis and STD’s, ultrasound, medication abortion and other abortion related services, follow-up patient consultations and other medical conditions as per health center guidelines and patient needs. Provide direct patient services according to PPCW Medical Protocols in accordance with PPFA Medical Standards and Guidelines.
Benefits: PPCW offers 4 weeks of paid time off, 8 paid holidays; 403b retirement account with matching; Employee Assistance Program; excellent and low cost Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance; Short and Long Term Disability insurance; Life Insurance; and Flex Spending Accounts for medical, commuting, and dependent care; plus voluntary AD&D, group accident, and hospital indemnity insurance.
Schedule: 22.5 hours/week; Tuesday 10 - 6, Wednesday 8 - 4, and Saturday 8 - 4.
Location: Southeast Health Center
Compensation: Starting rate of $42.25 hourly plus DOE
- Perform medical screening procedures as appropriate for PPCW patients.
- Perform gynecological and STD examinations and screening examinations including thyroid, heart, lungs, abdomen, extremities, breast, genital and pelvic examinations.
- Refer patients with abnormal conditions found on examination to Medical Director and/or other physicians or medical facilities as needed per health center guidelines and/or patient needs.
- Perform, order, and interpret routine laboratory tests.
- Participates in the follow-up of abnormal pap smears, positive STD tests or other abnormal lab tests.
- Perform medical referrals as indicated and appropriate follow-up.
- Perform medication abortions.
- Perform ultrasound for gestational dating and IUC placement.
- Assist in abortion and sterilization services.
- Maintain productivity expectations and compliance standards of the health center.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Medical Director, Director of Clinical Services and other licensed staff of the agency.
- Participate in in-service training, volunteer training and community education as assigned by Health Center Manager.
- Initiate problem solving to ensure smooth health center flow.
- Serve as a telephone resource person for patient or medical information calls.
- Document findings and referrals. Sign records and prescriptions.
- Work independently to maintain up-to-date knowledge in the health care field via attending seminars and workshops, and reading relevant material.
- All Advanced Practice Clinicians working 30 or more hours per week must assume special services pager responsibility as needed.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
- Participate in efforts to achieve affiliate goals on wait time, both in-clinic and on the phone, and adhere to the system for addressing client complaints. Adhere to affiliate workplace rules on professionalism.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by the Patient Services Management Team.
- Physical requirements: must be able to stand up to 6 hours per day, perform repetitive hand movements (simple & power grasping, fine hand manipulation, & pushing/pulling) up to 4 hours per day, sitting/walking/reaching below and above shoulder height for up to 2 hours per day, bending/twisting neck and bending/twisting at the waist up to 1 hour per day, and moving items weighing up to 50 lbs. up to 1 hour per day.
- Education commensurate with state statute licensure requirements for practice capacity (Family Nurse Practitioner) in the state where practicing (Oregon).
- Must have National Certification or a current Medicare number.
- Must be eligible and able to pursue prescriptive authority with current licensure.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Professional, positive attitude with proven ability to contribute effectively to highly functioning work teams
Please submit all documents in compatible file formats, such as Word documents or PDFs. We cannot accept Pages documents or Google Docs links.
If you are viewing this post from a third party site without a direct link, please visit www.ppcw.org/jobs and apply online today!
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, union activity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.