Patient Follow-Up Associate - Bilingual (Spanish) - Full Time
NE Portland, OR
Patient Services – Patient Access Center
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is committed to providing, promoting, and protecting access to sexual and reproductive health care in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Since 1963, PPCW has provided a broad range of sexual and reproductive health care, including family planning, preventative care, and other medical services; trained and educated community members on issues of sexuality; and advocated for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each year, more than 58,000 women, men and teens visit a PPCW health center, located in NE and SE Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Salem, and Bend, Oregon; and Vancouver, Washington.
As a member of our team, we can offer you:
- A supportive atmosphere and collaborative environment
- Organizational emphasis on high-quality practices
- A gratifying personal experience
- Office culture of work/life balance and flexibility
- Amazing employee benefits
Position Summary: The Patient Follow-up Associate participates in follow-up as stated in the management plan related to cervical cancer prevention and sexually transmitted infections (STI) by notifying patients of pap, colposcopy, LEEP, STI and vasectomy results. This position works as part of the Case Management Team (CMT), which includes designated Registered Nurses (RNs), Clinicians, and Clinical Services to deliver basic health education and treatment options to patients. Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellence in customer service, and practices these values with internal and external customers.
Compensation: $17.69 per hour + depending on experience. Annual step increases are determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Bilingual Spanish/English premium pay is an another $0.75 per hour. Language based premium pay requires passing in-house oral and written exams.
Benefits: PPCW offers up to 4 weeks of paid time off, 8 paid holidays; 403b retirement account with matching; Employee Assistance Program; excellent and low cost Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance; Short and Long Term Disability insurance; Life Insurance; and Flex Spending Accounts for medical, commuting, and dependent care; plus voluntary AD&D, group accident, and hospital indemnity insurance.
Schedule: Two positions available
Bilingual Required: Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk). Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
Bilingual Preferred: Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk). Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
Position Details: This is a union represented, hourly (non exempt) position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years full-time, paid direct customer service experience OR a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with successful completion of externship and 18 months of full-time, paid direct customer service experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with at least 35 WPM and basic knowledge of keyboarding, using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and work under minimal supervision
- Bilingual Spanish Required for one of two positions available. Must be able to pass an oral and written Spanish fluency exam with a score of at least 85%.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in reproductive health care.
- Experience using an electronic health records system.
- Contact patients to relay the plan of care per the PPCW follow-up record.
- Use pre-approved scripts, PES or ICFs as resources to inform patients on issues related to their abnormal results.
- Generate and complete Next Action Date (NAD) reports on a daily basis.
- Document communications and outcomes, set NADs and close follow-up plans in EHR as instructed per PPCW Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Assist in the maintenance of the referral manual.
- Ensure follow-up notifications and reminders are completed in a timely manner and within the designated timelines and expectations.
- Participate in the management of medical records, including, but not limited to: record requests, communication with outside health providers to coordinate record requests and maintaining patient charts for incoming records.
- Participate in the development and implementation of systems to streamline patient follow-up processes and procedures as related to the Case Management Team.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and audit for quality.
- Comply with state health agency requirements for reportable infections.
- Communicate with local health departments, laboratories, outside providers and PPCW healthcare providers as needed.
- Assist as needed in developing and updating list of regional contact persons from outside agencies for patient referrals.
- Participate in department wide efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
- Participate in efforts to achieve affiliate goals on wait time, both in-clinic and on the phone, and adhere to the system for addressing client complaints. Adhere to affiliate workplace rules on professionalism.
- Participate in affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Meet the following physical demands: sitting, standing, bending and twisting of the neck and waist, repetitive movements of one or both hands, and reaching above/below shoulder height up to 8 hours/day; walking up to 6 hours/day; squatting, kneeling, and moving items weighing 25 pounds or less up to 2 hours/day; driving and moving items weighing up to 50 pounds less than 1 hour/day.
We ask that all applicants submit a resume and cover letter. Please submit all documents in compatible file formats, such as Word documents or PDFs. We cannot accept Pages documents or Google Docs links.
If you are viewing this post from a third party site without a direct link, please visit www.ppcw.org/jobs and apply online today!
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, union activity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.