2020 Summer Intern-Brand & Culture
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
We are a team of storytellers. The PPFA culture team, consisting of corporate relations, public engagement, and arts and entertainment engagement, works to change the culture and develop and deliver a clear and culturally competent brand expression through collaborations with creative and corporate partners.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Brand & Culture summer intern to assist in both programmatic and administrative duties. This work will include projects such as researching trends and potential partners, drafting correspondence, relationship mapping, managing contacts and other information in Salesforce, and helping with note taking during internal and external meetings . In return you gain practical knowledge and skills in culture change, project management, corporate social responsibility, and experience with innovative storytelling as well as expand your knowledge of, or learn, Salesforce database.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the culture team in daily administrative tasks and daily operations.
- Manage customer relationship management (CRM) for team’s contacts.
- Take notes during internal and external meetings.
- Track and produce reports on team’s external engagement and activities.
- Conduct research on cultural trends, upcoming events, and opportunities.
- Provide background research for events, speaking engagements, and meetings.
- Draft correspondence to engage leaders in creative and corporate communities.
- Complete other special projects as assigned and required.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office properties, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint in addition to Google properties, including Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive;
- Salesforce experience is not required, but is a plus.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Passion for culture change and a strong commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and for sexual and reproductive health and rights, with a strong grasp on racial and social justice issues.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative when given a project to work on;
- Skilled multi-tasker with a dependable work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.