Senior Web Developer
New York, NY
Operations – Information Technology
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Web Developer with a passion for technology that will be able to help develop our innovative technology solutions, and work to continually improve the shared experience across our properties. The position requires an employee who can prioritize and work on long-term projects along with performing day-to-day responsibilities of the department. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented with strong technical skills, independent, and a strong team player.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new web properties and support existing web properties with a focus on Python-based solutions.
- Make architectural decisions and provide guidance across software development projects.
- Work on development and implementation of new features for existing properties.
- Work on maintenance of existing web properties.
- Closely collaborate with technical lead, developer, devops and QA colleagues, product and security teams.
- Adhere to our secure development lifecycle practices.
- Actively participate in refining internal development processes.
- Develop and maintain unit tests and functional tests.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for your work.
- Mentor other members of your team.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 3+ years experience building Python applications (Django, Flask, Tornado).
- Experience with SASS, jQuery.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks, responsive design, and developing for mobile. Experience as a manager, mentor, or other role where you have trained fellow team members.
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting & CLI, Nginx Web Server.
- Strong version control experience with Git, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), and the full product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing for Content Management Systems.
- Knowledge of caching servers.
- Knowledge of unit testing and functional testing.
- Knowledge of Pivotal Tracker or similar.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Docker, Docker Compose, and Rancher experience a big plus.
- D3 js experience is a big plus.
- Computer Science degree.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.