Product Manager, Digital Product Lab
New York, NY
Strategy – Digital Products Lab
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Product Manager. This position will oversee strategic product development and management for Roo, a chatbot aimed at connecting teens with Planned Parenthood's health information on all things sex ed under the Digital Products Lab, a small tech incubator within Planned Parenthood’s national office that uses human-centered design to craft direct-to-consumer digital experiences in reproductive health and advocacy.
The Product Manager will report to the Senior Director, Digital Product Lab, and will work closely with educators, researchers, content creators, developers, and vendors to build exceptional user experiences and measure their success. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission, have a unique blend of business and technical chops, have a big-picture perspective, and the ability to make their product strategy a reality within a fast-paced, iterative product development cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop product vision, requirements, and roadmap for Roo in the Digital Product Lab.
- Deliver top-notch user experience to Planned Parenthood's consumers across multiple platforms.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and communicate product vision, and report ongoing progress.
- Establish KPls for products and oversee regular and ongoing data analysis to inform product evolution.
- Collaborate with the user experience team to design and conduct user research.
- Assess competitive landscape.
- Work with visual and UX designers to execute a compelling product vision.
- Write functional specifications for engineering.
- Work with the Digital Product Lab team, as well as the broader PPFA Digital Product team, to create an environment of innovation within Planned Parenthood.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree. Preferred CS or business. Additional education/professional training a plus.
- 3+ years product management experience developing consumer-facing digital products, including experience as product owner or lead on a consumer-facing digital product.
- 5+ years experience working in an agile, iterative product development process.
- Demonstrable achievements defining, bringing to market, and scaling top-notch digital products.
- Strong knowledge of digital user experience and user research practices.
- Experience working in machine learning a plus.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively present information to stakeholders.
- Able to think strategically, learn quickly, and succeed in fast-paced and uncertain environments.
- Able to function effectively as a team player while leading organizational change.
- Goal-oriented. Able to make demonstrable progress toward strategic goals and KPls, while keeping up with an ever-evolving day-to-day product development environment.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.