Administrative Coordinator, Digital Products
New York, NY
Strategy – Digital Products
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Digital Products team has an opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator. Our flagship digital products include PlannedParenthood.org, PlannedParenthoodAction.org, the Spot On app, the Roo chatbot, our Chat/Text and Online Appointment Scheduling tools.
Reporting to the Director of Budget and Operations, Digital Products, the Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative and operations support to the team and will work closely with the Director to successfully drive budget and operational goals. This person will play a crucial role in ensuring that all Digital Products team members have easy access to operations, understand and comply with PPFA policies and use staff resources to both advance their projects and grow professionally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide essential administrative support to the Director, including: processing invoices, assisting with the submission of legal documents, reconciling departmental credit card expenses, maintaining digital files updated and organized, assisting with data entry and managing other internal administrative forms.
- Create, socialize and update guidelines for accessing administrative processes and policies.
- Act as the main administrative and operations point person between the Digital Products team and laise with other administrative staff within Health Care Division and PPFA more broadly.
- Coordinate and partner with other administrative staff to prepare for meetings including, but not limited to, drafting meeting agendas, reserving meeting rooms, physically setting up rooms, setting up video conferencing or presentation equipment, taking meeting minutes and escorting guests.and ensure attendees have all necessary information.
- Assist the VP of Digital Products with managing internal and external communications and provide appropriate direction and follow-up to internal and external parties.
- Assist with travel logistics for group trips and special projects.
- Assist the Director with logistics for onboarding new staff members which requires working with other operations teams to secure desks, equipment and welcome resources.
- Assist the Director in creating and maintaining resources for team members to develop both individual and team career development plans and assist with logistics as needed. Projects might include tech industry conference applications and logistics management, coordinating media coverage of our digital products, coordinating our team’s attendance at tech and user experience courses, and coordinating with guest speakers to come train and inspire our team.
- Participate in special projects as needed toward our digital products’ user experience, including QA (quality assurance) of features before launch, customer service responses, communications to affiliates and vendor management.
- Participate in an ongoing discourse about digital products, including sharing articles, attending classes, providing feedback on our digital user experiences, and bringing a racial equity lens to all of our work.
- Perform other related administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is essential.
- Work experience with scheduling & travel management preferred.
- Experience working with digital user experiences or technology preferred.
- Passionate about the mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Heavy customer service with internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and ensure completion of all components with guidance but minimal supervision is a must.
- Acts responsibly with confidential and sensitive information that is directed to senior staff.
- Must be able to respond to all inquiries in a timely, tactful and professional manner.
- Responds to competing demands appropriately and with respect, and approaches a problem in a “how can I make life easier approach”.
- Highly organized and detail oriented – demonstrates a sense of ownership keeping track of to-dos, calendar items, and projects.
- Composed – able to operate effectively and with flexibility in a constantly shifting environment.
- Ability to see and understand the big picture and translate into a strategic plan.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.