Associate Director, Youth Campaigns
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) Organizing & Engagement Campaigns Department seeks a dynamic and effective Associate Director, Youth Campaigns to lead the Planned Parenthood Generation Action Youth Campaigns Team. Reporting to the Director of Constituency Campaigns, this role will be focused on executing our national youth strategy across the federation and in partnership with affiliates, building partnerships with new coalition partners while maintaining current partnerships, and managing a team of dynamic youth organizers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the overall political and organizing strategy for youth engagement and mobilization in consultation with National Campaigns Director, Director of Constituency Campaigns, and cross-departmental stakeholders.
- Manage national youth organizing managers and organizers to achieve their yearly goals and deliverables which includes driving issue campaigns to achieve policy outcomes and real change for youth supporters Establish relationships with local and national organizations and partners to further the work of the Planned Parenthood Youth Campaigns and Organizing programs.
- In partnership with National Training Team, design and execute trainings for Planned Parenthood young leaders in political organizing and advocacy.
- Plan and execute youth organizing tracks within national and regional organizing conferences.
- Collaborate with Constituency Communications Team to support the development, management, and execution of earned and social media strategies and Generation.
- Action properties to engage young people.
- Develop electoral strategies for engaging young people in every election cycle.
- Represent Youth Campaigns Team at cross-departmental meetings.
- Provide detailed written and oral reports to allies, board members and donors for youth programming.
- Manage budgets and fiscal responsibility of program expenses.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience, campus and/or youth leadership experience preferred.
- 2 years of management experience.
- Experience in developing strategic and tactical plans, projects and programs.
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, research and organizational skills.
- Strong racial analysis and equity lens within the progressive movement and workplace.
- Experienced in the creation and implementation of rapid response campaigns and field plans; including large scale events, policy and electoral campaigns.
- Ability to travel extensively to support specific, time-limited campaigns.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours as needed.
- Computer literate, social media and technologically savvy.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Background in organizing in diverse and young communities.
- Able to create consensus among diverse constituencies while keeping organizational priorities in focus.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Strong knowledge of key reproductive health rights and justice issues.
- Able to work autonomously and in teams including key internal and external partners.
- 50% or more
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.