2020 Summer Intern-Marketing & Analytics, President’s Circle
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Marketing & Analytics Summer Intern to assist the Senior Specialist, President’s Circle in managing Planned Parenthood’s mid-level giving program. The President’s Circle team provides crucial funding to PPFA’s work through stewarding a generous group of donors who contribute from $1,000-$24,999 annually. The candidate will be responsible for critical elements of daily program maintenance, including personalized acknowledgments, quality control, donor communications, and database reports. The candidate will gain experience using direct marketing techniques, learning a donor database, project management of campaigns, drafting donor communications, and managing confidential, complete, and accurate donor information
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparation of correspondence and gift acknowledgments in accordance with PPFA regulations.
- Work with database to manage donor relations, update information, identify data trends and recommend process improvements as appropriate.
- Proactively monitor breaking news and communications briefs to draft social media donor correspondences.
- Maintain up to date donor files and reporting. Manage in-house inventory and organization.
- Ensure proper record-keeping of all acknowledgment files and collateral, updating as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, projects and priorities with poise, accuracy, confidence, and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to coordinate projects and keep them on track.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills.
- Sharp computer skills, including Microsoft and Google Office Products. Past experience using a database, such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge, is a plus, but not required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment to the mission and values of Planned Parenthood, including a dedication to sexual and reproductive health, commitment to anti-racism, and advancing a world without abortion stigma.
- Embody PPFA’s organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our coworkers.
- Confidentiality and discretion is a must.
- We strongly encourage current or former Planned Parenthood Generation Action members and peer educators to apply.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.