Specialist, Political Fundraising
New York, NY
Development – Principal & Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Political Fundraising Specialist reporting to the Senior Director, Principal & Major Gifts, is responsible for high level administrative support, maintaining a holistic understanding of our advocacy and electoral programs - refining messaging, materials and talking points for the frontline team, and serves as team liaison to Action Fund, Organizing and Campaigns teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparation of proposals, reports, correspondence, gift acknowledgements, donor/prospect meeting briefings, event briefings, and large-scale donor mailings. Assure materials are accurate and packaged in accordance with PPFA text regulations.
- Conduct research to gather background information on donors and prospects.
- Support gift officers in documenting all fundraising activity in database and hard files.
- Maintain accurate donor files – both paper and electronic including donor and revenue tracking spreadsheets and donor database management.
- Serve as PMG liaison to Action Fund, Organizing and Campaigns teams.
- Disseminate political messaging and talking points to frontline fundraising team - serving as a troubleshooter for advocacy and electoral inquiries.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in the nonprofit or political sector of at least 3 - 5 years.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to coordinate projects and keep them on track.
- Outstanding oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Comfort using online donor databases including Blackbaud and/or Salesforce; advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments and quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced setting.
- A team player with exceptional communication skills along with interpersonal savvy.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional multitasker, with an attention to details and an appreciation or our American political system.
- Unflappable, with excellent people skills, able to develop partnerships with internal stakeholders, and possess impeccable discretion.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.