Market Analysis Analyst, Stronger Change Office
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Health Care Strategy /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, facilitating the innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
One of the initiatives Stronger affiliates has identified as a high priority is market analysis and associated supports to conduct it. Stronger seeks an Analyst to support aggregating, analyzing, and interpreting data to support affiliates making data-driven, strategic decisions. Situated within the Stronger Change Office (SCO) this position will report to the Associate Director, Market Analysis Transformation Lead.
- The Analyst will carry out and communicate timely and relevant data analyses to inform the SCO’s strategic decision making.
- Conduct high-quality programmatic data analysis for Stronger’s Market Analysis Working Group, including aggregating, analyzing, and interpreting data to inform the design and direction of work
- Work within a cross divisional team to develop and refine market analysis products and services for affiliates
- Provide consultative support to Planned Parenthood affiliates focused on strategic priorities related to health care market analysis
- Conduct market analyses and health-related data analyses with visualization to inform affiliate strategic decision making and business development.
- In partnership with Stronger Change Office Director and affiliates, identify and translate market assessments into business cases and action plans that can be implemented in response to environmental and/or policy changes.
- Assist affiliates and partner with national office staff in providing data and analytic capacity to make and implement data-driven decisions about expanding access to care.
- Build, train, and drive usage of performance improvement-focused analytical and visualization tools (such as ArcGIC and Tableau) in direct service of affiliate business objectives.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of Stronger and PPFA and work with others across geographies and socio-political contexts in a culturally competent way.
- Communicate results, insights, and implications of analyses, using a critical lens.
- Maintain relationships with Federation analytics partners. Work with internal and external partners to incorporate external tools and capabilities for descriptive analytics, predictive modeling, and forecasting.
- Provide thought partnership to affiliate stakeholders on the use of data analytics and how it supports successful outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 2 years of professional experience conducting strategic data analysis and delivering that data in actionable insights.
- Experience in ArcGIS (or other spatial analysis software) preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Experience with Tableau or similar business intelligence tool(s) and Asana/Smartsheet or other project management tools preferred.
- Understanding of the healthcare market landscape preferred.
- Python/R proficiency preferred.
- Conducts complex, error-free analyses.
- Effectively manages own work to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Succinctly communicates the results, insights, and implications of analyses.
- Strong task and project execution. Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects and demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong customer success orientation and skills.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood mission.
- Stronger is open to a telecommuter candidate for this position. The Analyst will be expected to spend 10-15% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders. If remote, the Analyst will be expected to spend some time traveling to PPFA’s headquarters.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.