Front-End Developer, Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Front-End Developer, Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (DFSE) is responsible for the
overarching front-end technical execution of the fundraising and advocacy program within the existing
digital CRM platform, EveryAction. They assist with the production of all national emails and associated
pages and forms, and help innovate within the Digital Direct Response program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and implements new features and solutions within the digital CRM to expand DFSE program, meet campaign fundraising and advocacy goals, and improve the user experience.
- Works with Director, Digital Supporter Engagement & Innovation to implement A/B tests to drive innovation and improve supporter engagement.
- Assists with day-to-day production of national emails to Planned Parenthood supporter lists, as well as associated forms, within the existing digital CRM. Works with other production staff on the DFSE team and with vendor partners to ensure campaign deadlines and goals are met.
- Manages rigorous quality assurance process on all new features, including leading troubleshooting on cross-browser, -client, and/or -device compatibility issues. Participates in quality assurance testing for outbound content and material.
- Manages digital asset structure including code base, technical documentation, and other digital assets.
- Works closely across departments to balance the goals of the organization, the needs of project stakeholders, and limitations of the technology to develop and deliver the best possible digital supporter user experience.
- Additional projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Experience coding and designing for desktop and mobile devices.
- Proven track record of creative problem solving.
- A strong commitment to race equity and anti-racism work.
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferred.
- Must be a strong technical troubleshooter and self-starter focused on driving solutions.
- Flexible team player and multi-tasker who is always ready to jump in to help others.
- Able to break down complicated technical ideas to non-technical people.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Experience with EveryAction or another digital CRM.
- Background in email marketing, online advocacy and/or fundraising for non-profits or campaigns.
- Experience hand-coding for email.
- Familiar working with project managers or engineers.
- Experience writing project requirements and bug reports.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker, ZenDesk, Slack, Asana, Trello or similar.
- Experience implementing and using Google Analytics or Optimizely.
- Familiarity with Django or another CMS.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.