2020 Summer Intern-Donor Database
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Donor Database summer intern who will help with a number of projects with colleagues within Development and across the entire organization. The intern will be able to learn about fundraising operations and database management.
This program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of user and technical documentation, and maintain resources on team intranet page.
- Respond to and track internal helpdesk tickets.
- Merge duplicate accounts, ensuring that mapping is correctly configured between accounts.
- Participate in release and version testing, quality assurance, quality control and data cleanup projects, including updating code tables and fixing donor accounts.
- Assist with general office management – scheduling meetings, maintaining agenda and meeting notes, logistics, etc.Other projects as assigned, such as assisting the Gift Processing team with gift entry.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Have an interest in database management, experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google G Suite tools.
- Be an analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-moving organization.
- Ability to prioritize and work on short and long term projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- A candidate with an interest in information sciences or database work is encouraged.
- We strongly encourage current or former Planned Parenthood Generation Action members and peer educators to apply.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.