2020 Summer Intern-Product Marketing
New York, NY
Health Care – Digital Products Lab
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Product Marketing summer Intern.
The Product Marketing summer intern is responsible for supporting Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Digital Product Lab and their growing suite of consumer-facing digital products. This includes Spot On, a period and birth control tracking app launched in March of 2016, and Roo, a sexual health chatbot which launched in January 2019.
PPFA’s Digital teams are responsible for shaping the way that our constituents access the information they need to stay healthy, and the Digital Product Lab is a lean, cross-functional team charged with incubating digital products. In this role, you have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with product development, data analysis, UX design, content strategy, media buying, subject matter experts, and more. You’ll work on initiatives that shape the future of products and digital product marketing at PPFA.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document processes and protocols on an as-needed basis, related to product needs, marketing, content, and more.
- Customer support management and trend analysis of user requests and bug reports.
- Create content to communicate with users and A/B test for efficacy, building recommendations for future content strategy and calendar.
- Review and analyze data, and create reports for project stakeholders.
- Support the team by conducting secondary market research - competitor analysis, industry trends, etc. for existing products and new products in the pipeline.
- Create solutions to help us reach priority constituents and users for our products more effectively.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- A passion for digital technology -- you’re interested in what’s new, what works, and how to make things that don’t work better.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that inspires a strong sense of ownership and action, but still respects the value of team collaboration.
- Ideal candidate should be both creative and analytical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.A passion for serving Planned Parenthood’s constituents, and an understanding of the importance of customer support and feedback.
- Proficiency with G Suite - Docs, Sheets.
- Capacity or interest in learning data analysis tools, especially Google Analytics.
- Understanding of marketing principles and product processes or interest in learning.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.