Manager, Education Standards & Best Practices
New York, NY
Health Care – Education
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Manager of Education Standards and Best Practices. The role sits as a member of the Education Strategy Team and is responsible for leading the creation of PPFA’s Department of Education gold standards for sex education and developing and implementing the program across the Federation. The Manager of Education Standards and Best Practices will also establish the framework and process to position PPFA’s Department of Education as the certifying body of PP sex educators. This position will report to the Director of Education Leadership and Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop, update, and maintain standards and guidelines for sex education across the federation. This includes engaging affiliate educators and education leadership to inform and advance a gold standard of sex education at Planned Parenthood.
- Lead the research, exploration and potential development of a Planned Parenthood Sex Educator Certification Program.
- Serve as education subject matter expert for off-site accreditation reviews.
- Monitor, synthesize, and disseminate field-wide best practices and innovations in sex education to Planned Parenthood affiliates.
- Develop and support professional development opportunities and convening for educators and education leaders in partnership with affiliate education leadership and national office colleagues.
- Develop and monitor regular communications materials for affiliate education. departments, including monthly newsletter, blog posts, educator forum, intranet.
- Other projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the field of sex education, including implementing and facilitating sex education programs, preferably for a variety of audiences;
- Understanding of depth and breadth of the landscape of sex education, including curriculum development, program implementation, and training;
- Experience with project-management across multiple stakeholders;
- Familiarity with pedagogy and adult learning theory and practice;
- Spanish-language proficiency preferred.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage relationships with diverse stakeholders;
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.