2020 Summer Intern-Security Intelligence & Investigations
New York, NY
Operations – Security
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective 2020 Security Intelligence & Investigations summer intern. The summer intern will work to support Planned Parenthood’s Global Safety and Security, Intelligence and Investigations team. Projects may include daily opposition intelligence reporting, strategic and tactical intelligence analysis, support for activities, and collaborative team meetings.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with records management.
- Read and learn incident and intelligence reporting to learn about incidents occurring at different Health Centers.
- Help to identify possible trends, patterns, and crimes.
- Provide analysis on intelligence data collected.
- Assist with strategic and tactical products.
- Assist with social media surveillance and assess threats.
- Assist with the development and updating of intranet page.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office properties, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint in addition to Google properties, including Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Preferred studies in criminal justice, intelligence and crime analysis.
- Must be comfortable working with sensitive topics.
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Open to diversity, opposing views ability to think critically, strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.