Associate Director, InfoSec Architecture and Engineering
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Information Security /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Associate Director, Information Security Architect. This job reports directly to the Senior Director - Information Security Architecture in the Information Security division of PPFA. The Office of Information Security provides the strategy and implementation of the information security program that safeguards the data entrusted to Planned Parenthood by its patients, supporters, donors, and staff.
- The Associate Director for Information Security Architecture for Software Development is a senior position in the Information Security team that is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products. This requires both knowing the business, our digital strategy, and having a comprehensive awareness of its technology and information needs. This knowledge is ultimately used to develop and test security structures to protect its systems.
Delivery and Core Responsibilities
- Define and deliver the Software Development target state architecture for Information Security to align with our business goals, which includes a Roadmap and Technology Strategy to move from our current state. Includes defining new KPIs and metrics in alignment with our future direction and measuring our success.
- Provide architecture, engineering, and development direction for application security for on prem infrastructure designs that solve business problems
- Provide architecture, engineering, and development direction for application security AWS development tools, container security
- Provide cost benefit analysis on architecture changes
- Define and implement information security standards for SDLC while working closely with DevOps and business leaders to ensure adherence to standards.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available, and maintainable.
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies, and techniques. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the information security space.
- Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases.
- Manage or support complex security projects and other strategic security initiatives, in support of our digital and business priorities.
- Define Communication Strategy and execution plans to support Digital Information Security Training & Awareness
- The Associate Director will engage with senior-level staff both within PPFA and Affiliates. They will also be leading and mentoring direct and indirect reports.
- Experience leading diverse, distributed technical and operational teams with strong meeting management, relationship building, and negotiating skills; able to gain the trust of diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working with product teams on specifying and assisting in implementing Secure Application Requirements.
- Ability to translate technical information into easily understandable information for non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to present and discuss highly complex technical information to users with varying technical expertise.
- Able to manage in-house and vendor teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) / Requirements
- Reports to Senior Director - InfoSec Architectureand serves as a key technical and architecture advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of software development, infosec operations, incident response, controls review, and risk management
- Advanced knowledge of software architectural and engineering principles
- Strong experience with Agile methodologies, DevOps, DevSecOps, Mobile security.
- 2+ years CI/CD automated test, containers, cloud infrastructure, and other modern technologies; Foster an agile culture
- Ability to drive AWS architecture discussions with strong experience with modern information security technologies to include but not limited to strong authentication, network security, endpoint security, cloud/SaaS/PaaS security, security information, and event management, user behavior analytics, vulnerability management, information assurance, security operations, anti-DDoS, privacy, and regulatory compliance
- Strong client services experience with negotiation skills, executive presence, and collaboration skills with Senior Leadership.
- Experience in compliance requirements and industry standards like PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27001, NIST, CSF, ITIL, COBIT, Sarbanes Oxley and SANS 20.
- AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud architecture with secure cloud computing experience required
- Data and machine learning pipelines
- HIPAA, EMRs, and healthcare industry IT/IS considerations
- At least one security industry certification preferred (i.e., AWS, CISSP, CISA, CISM)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired, but not required with relevant security or technology work experience.
- As needed
Starting Salary: $125k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer