Senior Specialist, Virtual Care
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Health Care Operations /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)seeks an ambitious and highly-organized Senior Specialist for the Health Care Operations Division of PPFA. This job reports to the National Director for Virtual Care. The Healthcare Operations Team (HCO) offers a variety of analytical tools and subject matter expertise to health centers across the country to improve and expand access to virtual care such as Virtual care, online appointment scheduling and other online functionality. The department plays a critical role in supporting Planned Parenthood affiliates as they provide care across the country and promoting health equity at the national level.
- Project management of Virtual care cross-divisional efforts. This includes providing regular updates on current projects by gathering information from project leaders, prompting them for any necessary actions and documenting progress.
- Analyze Virtual care patient experience data and generate actionable insights
- Analyze available operational data, at individual affiliates or across regions/Federation to discern trends and identify areas of virtual care opportunity
- Project manage and contribute content for Virtual care optimization initiatives
- Maintain virtual care resource library, including relevant media coverage and upcoming conferences, and distribute summaries to the cross-divisional Virtual care team
- Provide consulting, technical assistance and training to PPFA affiliates in virtual care
- Use initiative and creativity to determine best methods of presenting analyses and results in informative and relevant ways.
- Coordinate with other PPFA departments on strategies to leverage quality and experience data, and improvement strategies.
- Support ad hoc data requests for colleagues across the Federation
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years experience in Virtual care, public health, health analytics or related area
- High proficiency in Google products and Excel; degree of proficiency in Tableau is preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Superior analytical and data management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with sharp attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivator with ability to take initiative and direction; willingness to learn.
- Desire to take ownership and work across diverse teams to resolve problems.
- Self-motivator with ability to control own schedule and an independent decision maker when needed.
- Basic project management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to different racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, and people with different gender identities, cultural differences and disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team of telecommuters
- This position should demonstrate intercultural competence and ensure all work products consider the impacts of the work on multiple communities, including communities of color and individuals with different gender identities and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- This position will work on several cross-divisional projects and will build key relationships across the National Office to be successful. They will be required to take direction from different project owners. S/he will also work with some Affiliate staff and outside vendors.
Starting Salary: 70k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer