2020 Summer Intern-Principal & Major Gifts
New York, NY
Development – Principal & Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Principal & Major Gifts (PMG) Prospect Research & Operations Summer Intern who will help with a number of projects across the department and work with various team members. The PMG team cultivates and solicits individual donors, family foundations, and prospective donors whose annual giving potential is $25,000 or over. The intern will serve as one of the department’s stewards in harnessing information on our donors’ relationship with PPFA as it pertains to the past, present, and future. He/she will ensure the quality of the information captured is accurate and conforms with our business processes, while learning about the various fundraising streams vital to PPFA and our entities.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support on projects promoting data hygiene and data integrity standards.
- Partner with our Finance team and conduct routine gift audits to ensure quality control and compliance.
- Submit daily gift information to our Gift Processing team for timely gift coding and reporting.
- Assist with donor list cleanup and uploads for donor calls and events.
- Strategically review donor files in the shared drive and Salesforce for existing constituent data; identify new or previously undocumented information, and record it in Salesforce.
- Conduct proactive research and list review using relationship mapping techniques to identify donor connections.
- Perform initial qualifying research on donors and prospects capable of making six or seven figure investments in Planned Parenthood.
- Some general office administrative support as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, Google applications, and fundraising CRMs (Blackbaud CRM, Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce, etc) is preferred.
- Research experience, advanced internet searching, and subscription databases is preferred.
- Confidentiality and discretion is a must.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Natural curiosity and ability to process and synthesize large amounts of information into a clear and concise format.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.