Manager, Information Management, Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement
Washington, DC /
Office of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) – Direct Response /
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a Manager of Information Management. This job reports to the Director, Data & Analysis in the Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (DFSE) department of PPFA. The DFSE team is responsible for running Planned Parenthood’s national email, SMS, and digital advertising programs to raise funds online, power advocacy work, and engage with Planned Parenthood supporters across the country.
- The Manager, Information Management, is responsible for the management and integrity of data affecting all digital engagement platforms.
- Leads implementation and maintenance of overall data management, integrity and hygiene of data in digital CRM and related systems.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of the processes and operation of the DFSE program and seeks ways to ensure the data driving the program is accurate and accessible.
- Has a service-orientation, prioritizing and designing data tasks in order to provide the most assistance possible to DFSE team goals.
- Makes significant contributions to data strategy for DFSE-systems and related data systems.
- Develops and continuously improves the data and data documentation needed to meet DFSE department goals.
- Establishes and enforces, through training and documentation, data standards within DFSE tools.
- Translates programmatic goals into data requirements and executes plans approved by the Director, Data & Analysis.
- Manages long-term projects from planning, to requirements gathering, to execution, through maintenance. Projects may last months or years and commonly involve incorporating the needs of multiple departments.
- Lead on designing, implementing, testing, documenting and maintaining existing and new data operations, movement, and structures within and across digital platforms.
- Leads preparation of data service requests of external vendors, including requirement gathering and guiding QA and QC processes through to project completion.
- Develops and maintains data integrations including API-based, flat file, and direct database transfers and the related ETL processes.
- Designs, regulates, and documents standard audience segmentation based on recommendations of DFSE leadership and Director, Data & Analysis, allowing for sustainable, reliable sends to PPFA and PPAF lists.
- Prepares reports of digital fundraising and engagement program for senior digital and development leadership.
- Manage reporting within our digital CRM platform, developing or improving systems for ongoing needs and handling one-off requests.
- Develops strong relationships with Organizing data staff, Development Systems staff, data vendors, and the full DFSE department built on reliability, respectful communication, and responsiveness.
- Collaborates with database partners cross-divisionally to ensure sound exchange of system data between e-CRM and other digital platforms, and other internal systems, chiefly the offline database of record.
- Serves as a resource for Senior Specialist, Affiliate User Support and Training in ensuring best practices in data processes and procedures are codified for affiliate and national users.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Exceptional project management, organization, and technical documentation skills with understanding of information management theories and approaches.
- Bachelor's degree or professional training in related field required.
- 3-5 years professional experience in database systems-related role, non-profit experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines through assessing data tasks’ impact on the work of end-users.
- Experience developing taxonomies.
- Previously played a lead role in a data system migration.
- Intermediate SQL skills including select statements, window functions, table creation and updates, sub-queries and more.
- Basic API understanding; experience writing JSON code preferred.
- Experience with CRM platforms such as EveryAction, NGPVAN, Salesforce, and/or Raiser’s Edge and at least basic understanding of CRM schema designs.
- Solid understanding of the principles of information management including risk mitigation, communication with technical and non-technical staff, supporting adoption, and more.
- Basic understanding of non-profit fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.