2020 Summer Intern-Foundation Relations & Philanthropic Communications
New York, NY
Development – Foundations Relations & Donor Communications
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Foundation Relations & Philanthropic Communications Summer Intern who will help with a number of projects across the department and work with various team members.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to Planned Parenthood’s foundation relations and philanthropic communications department with general office administrative support.
- Assist with maintaining systems for tracking proposals, attachments, reports, and general correspondence, including through the Salesforce donor database.
- Assist with processing pledges and payments from foundations to ensure proper coding and tracking.
- Assist with donor list cleanup and uploads for donor calls and events.
- Strategically review donor files in the shared drive and Salesforce for existing constituent data; identify new or previously undocumented information, and record it in Salesforce.
- Assist with proactive donor research to identify donor connections.
- Proofread proposals, reports, and other donor materials.
- Help prepare briefing documents for foundation donor meetings and draft other materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, Google applications, and fundraising CRMs (Blackbaud CRM, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc) is preferred.
- Confidentiality and discretion is a must.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Natural curiosity and ability to process and synthesize large amounts of information into a clear and concise format.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.