Human Resources Business Partner
Operations – Human Resources
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Human Resources department of PPFA is looking for a HR Business Partner who will report to the Chief Human Resource Officer and work in the DC office. This is a critical role that partners with leaders who are dedicated to protecting sexual and reproductive rights through advocating for supporting policies, challenging barriers to access and choice, and building powerful movement with over 10 million supporters. We are looking for an HR partner who can thrive in an environment that often requires them to pivot between strategic, operational, and tactical.
The HR Business Partner role is to help build and implement a talent and organization plan to align with the division strategic plan. Working with the specialist practice areas such as compensation and benefits, talent acquisition and HR administration, the HR Business Partner leads a comprehensive plan to meet all the HR needs of their assigned client groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gaining in depth knowledge about who your client group is, their history, and how they create value to the organization and the Planned Parenthood affiliates
- Delivering expertise in organizational design and development along with how to assess talent and help leaders build effective teams
- Managing leadership transitions in and out of the organization while helping leaders sustain high engagement
- Building strong, non-competitive relationships with the other areas in HR. We are seeking someone who understands that the HR brand is a collective view of HR and the team’s success is most important
- Keeping pace with progressive HR practices and processes and sharing how they can increase value for the greater organization
- Promoting the value of success measures to demonstrate HR’s value beyond being a cost center
- Able to lead special project work beyond day to day responsibilities
- Identify and support opportunities for management and employee development and growth
PERSONAL QUALITIES/ OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Willingness to get involved and pitch in with what needs to be done to meet the clients’s needs
- Is comfortable figuring things out when the answer isn’t readily available
- Hands on leader and partner with a commitment to people and high performing organizations
- Comfortable with ambiguity, rapid change and uncertainty; comfortable operating in an environment that can pivot as needed in response to internal and external priorities
- Gets your energy from operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style
- A direct and open style; diplomatic approach ; able to facilitate compromise and getting to “yes”
- Excellent mentor who takes pride in developing team members
- Compassion and empathy; a “counseling” mentality
- Independent thinking and personal courage
- Politically savvy; can maneuver and manage through complex organization and political issues while being sensitive to culture and difference
- Strong understanding of how diversity is the center of our mission and inclusion is integral to our success in delivering quality sexual and reproductive health. Must be able to explain your perspective on these organizational imperatives specific to Planned Parenthood in our interview process.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of HR experience ; prefer someone who has been an HR generalist where senior leadership change has happened some point in their career
- Bachelor’s degree is a must; MBA or a Masters in any HR practice is a plus
- Ideal candidate has worked in an environment where they are the lead provider of HR solutions with a pace that feels like a start-up which requires helping to improve processes where they exist and helping to build processes where they don’t exist.
- Excellent judgment about people and the work. You know how to dig deep when needed and provide unconventional perspective(s) without having to be right
- Strong, confident operating style that enables you to stand firm on important issues and allows you to let go and support a decision that may not be yours
- Able to maintain a balance between your individual growth while supporting and being vested in the team; you can promote and protect the HR brand vs. being concerned with self promotion
- Able to work with a diverse population of senior leaders in a way that promotes their growth. You are comfortable and confident saying what needs to be said in a professional, constructive and non-disruptive way.
- Experience supporting multi-generation workforce
- Better than average written, verbal and presentations skills; able to create clarity and understanding in complex, ambiguous situations
- Experience working with Microsoft Office application and Google application a must, as well as comfort learning and using new systems.
- As Needed
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.