Senior Specialist, Physical Security
Operations – Security
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a Senior Physical Security Specialist. This job reports to the Director in the Security division of PPFA. The Senior Physical Security Specialist (SPSS) is responsible for managing the day to day security posture for the Washington, DC (WDC) office.
The SPSS will play an integral role in ensuring the safety and security of employees, contractors, visitors, guests and company property, as they coordinate security services with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates security services for PPFA WDC property; must be able to ensure that security operations and guard force is performing all required tasks in accordance with defined policies, standards, and security best practices.
- Answering routine and emergency calls, monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, door alarms, and duress alarms; dispatching security officers, facilities, police, fire and EMS personnel as required; preparing written reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Analyzes situations promptly and accurately; quickly adopts prompt, effective and reasonable courses of action, with regards to surrounding hazards and circumstances.
- Provides appropriate timely updates to his/her management regarding security events, concerns/violations, incident response resolutions and lessons learned.
- Under the direction of the Director of Physical Security, oversees training and exercises to maintain the WDC security staff’s proficiency.
- Oversees Lost & Found in the Washington DC Office.
- Maintains all Washington DC SOC equipment and immediately escalates any problems to the appropriate entity.
- Assists in the servicing, updating, installation and/or work related to security equipment in the Washington DC Office, with the ability to work closely with partners such as IT, INFOSEC and Facilities.
- Assists in open source and social media intelligence monitoring on any threats towards PPFA Offices, employees or events.
- Assists with investigations as directed, to include evidence retrieval and appropriate documentation.
- Represents the PPFA Global Safety and Security Team in a courteous manner and serves as an important representative to staff, vendors and visitors.
- Assists with planning, coordination and staffing of special security events that may include coordination with external security staff and outside of regular business hours.
- Supports strategic plans and projects to support PPFA Global Safety and Security’s goals and objectives, as needed during regular and off business hours.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Chief Security Officer and/or Director of Physical Security.
- Additional tasks required as needed
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Minimum of 5+ years working in a security management position.
- Certified Security Guard credentials in accordance with Washington DC statute.
- Technical competence, particularly in video management and alarm monitoring systems, with a strong understanding of security operations. Knowledge of specific systems preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms and Gmail.
- Excellent written communications and report writing skills.
- Travel will be minimal, but must have willingness to travel as required, to support the Global Safety and Security Team.
- Candidate must be willing to work in a 24×7×365 and able to respond after hours, if needed.
- Prior law enforcement or government security is preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work under time constraints and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and leadership skills needed for working with contract support, peers, and management.
- Leads team by example; maintains a neat and professional appearance, with friendly and professional demeanor.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.