Regional Organizing Manager (2)
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
As a member of the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns (OEC) team, the Regional Organizing Manager (ROM) is a managerial role that will directly supervise up to 10 organizers in up to 4 states. The direct responsibilities of a ROM is to hold organizers and volunteers accountable to reaching our set goals in membership recruitment and activation to fill shift goals for the 2020 cycle. The ROM is also responsible for providing technical coaching, training, and strategic support virtually or on the ground to organizers daily and weekly.
The ROM will report directly to the National Membership/Coordinated Organizing Director and has a limited term from 5/15/2020-12/31/2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily check-ins with organizing staff to review progress to goal, provide technical assistance, and coaching.
- Daily review of progress to goal for their region and develop strategies for holding organizers and volunteers accountable to meeting their goals.
- Developing materials, collateral, for membership recruitment and mobilization.
- Drive content development and support materials for national weekly/bi-weekly calls with organizers to hone skills.
- Create and manage digital organizing strategies with local organizers to recruit a diverse membership base in their target districts and regions.
- Report on daily/weekly progress to goal program development, and organizational progress to goal to the Organizing Director.
- Provide weekly/monthly training to organizing staff in partnership with the training director and digital organizing director.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- At least once cycle of electoral campaign management experience (organizer management of volunteer leaders at a high level is acceptable).
- At least one year of organizing experience on a campaign (issue, policy, or electoral)
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of the most basic functions of VAN (ie. build a list, cut turf, create a phone bank).
- Knowledge of the most basic functions of Hustle and Mobilize America.
- Willingness to learn and try new things.
- Ability to hold organizing staff accountable to goals.
- Natural trainer and coach for organizing staff (eg. provides direction not the answers).
- Loves coaching and providing technical support for new organizing staff.
- Understands how to connect program goals to short and long term power building (ie. membership program as a tool to build volunteer capacity for state legislative fights, long term infrastructure, Title X, and electoral coordinated program opportunities).
- Gets excited about spreadsheets and numbers that demonstrate progress to goal.
- Willingness to jump in and show organizer how to do the work, not just tell.
- Ability to travel a couple times a month beginning as early as May 2020.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and commitment to racial equity is essential.
- This position will need to respond to the needs of a fast-paced operation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.