Coordinator, Training and Learning Development
Washington, DC /
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Education /
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a focused, driven, creative professional whose expertise is rooted in administrative, scheduling, and programming support to serve as the Coordinator for Training and Learning Development. This job reports to the Associate Director of Training and Learning Development in the Health Care Division of PPFA. The Department of Education works with all Planned Parenthood affiliates and divisions at the National Office to strengthen their programs and evaluation, supports the internal development of innovative approaches to digital sex education, collaborates with other departments to conduct large scale media and social marketing campaigns, leads federal, state and local efforts to advance sex education, provides training expertise throughout the organization, and participates in research and evaluation efforts to determine the efficacy and effectiveness of key national office programs and interventions.
The Coordinator for Training & Learning Development reports directly to the Director for Training and Learning Development and is responsible for managing multi-faceted administrative and clerical priorities to support the Training and Learning Development team at the National Office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Training & Learning Development team that includes coordinating internal and external meetings, meeting agenda preparation, travel coordination, and expense reconciliation.
- Create collateral materials as requested by the Training & Learning Development team including PowerPoint slide decks, newsletters, and internal and external correspondence.
- Coordinate Training & Learning Development team led conference calls, webinars and other training and communication offerings for affiliates, national office colleagues, and external partners.
- Manages the calendar of the Training & Learning Development workstream. In collaboration with the Director for Training & Learning Development, ensures that the flow of appointments, meetings, and events support the workstream’s priorities and vision
- Ensures logistics are covered and communicated for all meetings, webinars, and conferences with internal and external groups.
- Manages the Training & Learning Development intranet site and Google drive.
- Provides technical support and assistance to Training & Learning Development team to ensure quality of offerings and a consistent participant experience
- Provides logistical support for select advisory boards and other external meetings including securing space, sending out invitations, monitoring responses, coordinating travel and processing travel reimbursement for participants.
- Collaborate and support Training and Learning Development team members with special projects and tasks to achieve workstream goals
- Compile data, prepare reports, and present information, as assigned
- Identify needs and create systems and protocols that align to enhance team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify and advise around components, resources, and existing gaps that impact consistent delivery of products and assistance related to support of affiliate and national office staff initiatives
- Partner with other administrative staff to coordinate and prepare for meetings including, but not limited to, drafting meeting agendas, reserving meeting rooms, physically setting up rooms, setting up video conferencing or presentation equipment, and taking meeting minutes
- Participates in inter- and intra-departmental teams, task forces, special projects, and committees as assigned. Supports other administrative staff across the Health Care Division as well as Federation-wide conferences and meetings as requested.
- Participates in the onboarding/offboarding of team members. Provides orientation and technical support to ensure new staff have what they need and know who to contact for additional support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong task, project management, and execution skills
- Can effectively anticipate team needs and work independently with minimal guidance to address needs
- Exercises sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to creatively problem solve, critically think, and take initiative
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Agility to adapt to quickly changing priorities and multiple projects
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and basic meeting facilitation skills
- 0-20% domestically, as needed
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.