Experience Specialist, Planned Parenthood Experience
New York, NY /
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Planned Parenthood Experience /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Purpose: Experience Specialist, Planned Parenthood Experience functions as a core member of the Parenthood Experience (PPX) team. Working with the Associate Director, PPX , the experience specialist is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to PPX. Responsibilities include scheduling and coordinating logistics for project activities, managing calendar for PPX and VP, and assisting in the organization of communication, webinars, training and creative materials provided by PPX.
- Tracks and processes pay orders, invoices and travel and expenditure reports. Reconciles expenses and prepares, distributes and submits invoices for meetings and related expenditures.
- Manages logistical and technical support of virtual meetings, training of trainers, maximizing user experience by providing interactivity and tools for ongoing webinars.
- Support in-person meetings (when travel restrictions are lifted) by identifying space, setting up video conferences and/or planning meetings, and collecting and distributing relevant materials.
- Supports the PPX team by managing the various communication vehicles including the PPXtra Newsletter, the PPX mailbox, the Intranet, and the PPX Google drive.
- Provides staffing support to the PPX team and assists in taking meeting notes.
- Arranges for affiliate visits by PPX staff, including coordination with affiliates, booking and coordinating travel logistics; and develops group lists for meetings.
- Provides logistical support in EX and PX program initiatives, scheduling requests, planning of events for affiliate and national staff. Assists in creating, compiling and editing ad hoc reports and presentations.
- Completes special projects as assigned and required.
- Conduct all duties with a very strong customer service focus to internal and external customers utilizing the organization’s In This Together workplace values and service standards.
- Independently solves routine problems that come up and selects solutions from a variety of established standards or procedures.
- Duties vary significantly from day-to-day and requires high level of customer service skills. Incumbent must be familiar with all departmental procedures and policies to be sure work meets all standards.
- Makes routine, relatively low-cost expenditures (such as office supplies); however, must receive prior approval from supervisor or department head.
- Day to Day activities support Planned Parenthood Experience programs or projects. Incumbent’s supervisor usually determines the desired objectives and priorities of the position.
- Internal contacts require regular work with staff in other departments, regional offices or affiliate service centers to produce work and ensure work products are on time and meet performance goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- 1-3 years of work experience, including directly related, progressively responsible work experience.
- Knowledge of Google plus. Computer literacy, including knowledge of the Intranet, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Excel and MS-Word. Strong customer relations and communications skills. Tolerance of and sensitivity to diversity. Demonstrated experience working.
- Strong customer service orientation includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner. Adaptability including teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Additionally, the incumbent must be willing to take initiative. Our department is fast paced with multiple large scale projects often occurring concurrently, incumbent will need to be resourceful and willing to try and learn.
- Occasional (following the COVID travel ban, travel could be up to 25% to support in-person trainings, etc.)
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.