Director, Corporate Engagement
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Director, Corporate Engagement who will lead PPFA’s corporate engagement program, with a focus on holistic engagement of newly identified corporate partners; working cross departmentally to develop and execute plans for corporate partners, including cause marketing, customer engagement and employee engagement; implementing a multi-year program with metrics to measure success; tracking and analyzing results; managing volunteer advisory bodies to further this work; and leveraging best practices in corporate engagement at other progressive organizations. He/she will work closely with the other members across the Brand & Culture team and the Comms and Culture division including collaborating across all divisions including closely with the affiliates, senior leaders, and board members and fundraising staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and be accountable for future steps in corporate engagement relationship building, includingplanning resources and timeframes that account for internal stakeholder engagement and environmental factors and measurement of results against established metrics and milestones.
- Continue to design, sustain and manage a comprehensive and innovative corporate engagement program at Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The program will expand upon our strategic goals of changing culture and reducing stigma while providing new opportunities for corporations to engage in cause marketing philanthropic support of our mission as well as leveraging employees/customers/clients.
- Direct regular internal meetings among frontline and backend staff to ensure collaboration within Brand & Culture in engaging corporations as well as with different units across the Federation.
- Transform the capacity of PPFA to be able to engage corporations by offering authoritative advice combining brand strategy, partnership expertise, operational and political perspectives and translating efforts into sustainable organizational strategy.
- Direct efforts to regularly identify, qualify and cultivate corporate prospects whose interests/audience align with our brand and programs, including partnering with other members of the culture and development teams to engage senior corporate leaders who are current donors to Planned Parenthood, as well as working with departments across PPFA.
- Extend reach of program and organization through new partnerships with corporations anchored in sponsorship to grow corporate revenue sustainably from year to year including ongoing recruitment and management of the Corporate Advisory Council to advise on the strategy and approaches.
- Create opportunities to regularly engage members of the PPFA and PPAF national board, specifically the Development Council’s Corporate Advisory Workgroup in leveraging the newly developed corporate donor engagement menu, corporate-facing resources and messaging.
- Manage the regular engagement of various internal stakeholders and PPFA leadership through weekly updates to showcase corporate relationship building efforts.
- Leverage PPFA CEO and other senior leaders in outreach to corporate partners and in private sector networks and setting as well as supporting their engagement with donors.
- Generate effective regular communications and utilize newly developed materials for corporate audiences in collaboration with Philanthropic Communications and CXO teams.
- Direct progress against developed metrics for measuring success on an annual basis (fiscal year) and over the long term. Develop a business strategy and plan for work.
- Collaborate with other development teams and affiliate staff in select geographies based on corporate targets to maximize corporate engagement at the local and national level.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8-10 years of work experience in the Corporate Development fields.
- Experience with corporate partnerships and/or brand partnership programs -- either from nonprofit, perspective or corporate perspective (B2B, Business Development and Brand Strategy).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and fundraising donor management database, preferably Blackbaud CRM or Salesforce.
- Experience working in a national organization with affiliate structure preferred.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker with the ability to execute plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize.
- Understanding of the corporate marketing cycles.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Experience directly supporting organizational leadership.
- Collaborative working style.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.