Senior Specialist, Reporting & Business Intelligence
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a Development Systems Reporting and Business Intelligence Senior Specialist who will serve as the reporting point person for users and as a liaison to vendors. The incumbent reports to the Director of User Support and Training. The Development Systems team supports 200+ users in PPFA Development Division responsible for fundraising using Salesforce and other related systems to manage a 5+ million donor database. The employee will be expected to build data analytics, dashboards and reporting around fundraising operations and outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage report requests from all database users including internal staff and vendors.
- Build reports using a variety of tools from both the database front and back end including, but not limited to:Native Salesforce reporting, a front end, drag & drop tool, Apsona, a third-party reporting drag & drop tool,
- Civis data warehouse using Redshift, Tableau Desktop, Various SQL querying tool.
- Triage report requests within the Development Systems team via our internal helpdesk ticketing system.
- Create a dynamic reporting library with standard report specifications format.
- Track reporting and analytics business processes, best practices and guidelines including maintaining an up to date data dictionary of reporting fields.
- Work directly with users to understand their reporting needs and identify reporting gaps.
- Specify requirements for back-end data structures supporting reports (views, tables, etc).
- Maintain clear communication with users to fulfill report requests within the guidelines of the internal database service levels.
- Work across functional teams to develop standardized report templates.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all reporting and dashboarding tools. Participate in webinars, conferences, and conference calls as needed.
- Co-lead reporting task force with the Dev Sys Business Analyst to identify, discuss, and troubleshoot reporting issues.
- Assist in developing reporting training materials and work directly with users to build their expertise.
- Research and recommend tools to better deliver on the Division’s needs.
- Collaborate in maintaining documentation on data structure and business rules critical for accurate interpretation and use of enterprise data.
- Other projects as assigned, such as database release & version testing, documenting best practices, etc.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM.
- Experience with generating database reports using a front end query / filter & output tool.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of Data Visualization reporting techniques and best practices.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google G Suite tools.
- Be an analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-moving organization.
- Ability to prioritize and work on short and long term projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- An interest in data science, information sciences or database work
- Customer focused.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.