Specialist, Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – CAPS /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation America seeks a dynamic and people-oriented individual to support a new national initiative focused on limiting gaps or delays in abortion services caused by staffing shortages. Jointly developed and managed by Planned Parenthood Federation of America and the National Abortion Federation, Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions (CASS) will provide consultation and technical assistance to Planned Parenthood and independent abortion providing sites seeking to identify, recruit, and retain staff for hard-to-fill clinical positions, and serve as a central resource for licensed and non-licensed clinical staff seeking job opportunities within the abortion providing community.
About the CAPS team: The Consortium of Abortion Providers (CAPS) is a team situated within the Health Care Delivery Department at PPFA that supports access to high-quality abortion care by providing Planned Parenthood affiliates with the resources, expertise, and technical assistance necessary to start, maintain, or expand the provision of abortion services across the country.
The CASS Specialist will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the initiative and will work closely with CASS staff from PPFA and NAF to support the sites and staff we work with. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about abortion access and supporting the people that make abortion care possible. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, CAPS.
- Serve as the point person for requests for CASS assistance from abortion providing sites and clinical staff seeking opportunities in abortion care
- Assess requests and assist in the development of plans to address the needs and interests of each site and job seeker respectively.
- Conduct direct outreach to sites and job seekers to facilitate connections between interested staff and sites in need of their skills.
- Support the design and implementation of a new Client Management System to track CASS activities and outcomes in partnership with the CASS specialist at NAF
- Manage CASS program data collection and maintenance for sites and job seekers in the Client Management System
- Partner with the CASS co-directors to implement and track CASS program evaluation activities
- Ensure the CASS website stays up to date with the latest information and resources
- Coalesce and manage the distribution of available resources to support the recruitment and retention of clinical staff at abortion providing sites, and facilitate the creation of new resources.
- Assist with the development of the CASS program marketing and communications plan
- Build strong relationships with the sites and job seekers CASS serves with professionalism and integrity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Experience in the recruitment and/or retention of medical personnel
- 3 years or more of experience in clinical administration or management, preferably in a reproductive health care setting
- Knowledge of the abortion care landscape and the barriers and facilitators to abortion access across the country
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Excel, and a Client Management System such as Salesforce preferable (though not required)
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced environment; a nimble and flexible style; ability to self-motivate, solve complex problems and make quick decisions.
- Integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.