2020 Summer Intern-Accreditation & Evaluation
New York, NY
Health Care – Accreditation & Evaluation
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a highly organized and self-motivated 2020 Summer Intern-Accreditation & Evaluation. This job reports to the Director, Accreditation Administration in the Accreditation and Evaluation Department of PPFA. The Accreditation and Evaluation Department conducts periodic reviews of Planned Parenthood affiliates and their health centers.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform an in-depth analysis of the tools we use to track ancillary organizations.
- Conduct crosswalk between ancillary tracking tools to ensure they align; identify discrepancies and assist in resolving issues (status, names, contacts, ancillary type, etc.).
- Provide recommendation for how to best streamline the ancillary tracking tools and organize the information including a data map for each data point.
- Create a tracking tool that will help us conduct a crosswalk between the non-clinical program areas of the PPFA Accreditation Indicators and EOPs, the Council on Accreditation, and the Standards for Excellence.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Strong communication skills (drafting emails and documents, liaising with multiple team members within AED and across the federation, etc.).
- Strong organizational and project management skills (planning and coordinating meetings and conference calls, tracking project tasks and deliverables, tracking team action items, etc.).
- An individual with an interest in accreditation, nonprofit work, project management, communications, or healthcare would be an ideal fit.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Work collaboratively with members of AED to develop the tool content.
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions, as needed.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.