Market Analysis Customer Success Manager, Stronger Change Office
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Health Care Strategy /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, facilitating innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
Stronger affiliates have identified market analysis as a key strategy for delivering and expanding high-quality health care to our patients. The market analysis team will utilize data to help affiliates make more informed business decisions, with the goal of strengthening access to care, increasing health equity, and ensuring financial sustainability across Stronger affiliates. Stronger
seeks a Manager, Market Analysis to manage the efforts related to developing and deploying market analysis products and key supports to affiliates. Situated within the Stronger Change Office (SCO) this position will report to the Market Analysis Transformation Lead (Associate Director) and work in partnership with Stronger and PPFA data teams.
The primary functions of the Manager, Market Analysis are to:
● Serve as a customer success liaison, driving Planned Parenthood affiliate adoption of Market Analysis tools.
● Develop and sustain long-standing relationships with company approved vendors.
● Develop project plans and monitor execution to ensure affiliate customer needs are met.
● Assist Market Analysis team with developing, pilot testing, and implementing market analysis products.
This role will work with diverse staff across the country to create and adhere to project plans to accomplish these goals. This position is expected to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of PPFA and work with others in a culturally competent way.
- Develop project plans and monitor execution to ensure affiliate customer needs are met.
- Assist Market Analysis team with developing, pilot testing, and implementing market analysis products.
- Manage market analysis software and vendor relationships.
- Provide consultative support to Planned Parenthood affiliates focused on strategic priorities related to market analysis.
- Manage communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- This role will work with diverse staff across the country to create and adhere to project plans to accomplish these goals. This position is expected to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of PPFA and work with others in a culturally competent way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer Success
- Gauge affiliate customers’ levels of engagement with the Market Analysis team and provide feedback to team regarding product and service improvements.
- Coordinate calls, meetings, and communications between affiliate clients and project team throughout the project/product implementation phase.
- Improve client relationships by providing timely and accurate responses to inquiries.
- Identify process improvements to meet affiliate client needs.
- Vendor Management
- Manage market analysis software, team and affiliate client user licenses, budget, and relationships with vendor. Oversee vendor payment operations and outline potential process improvements to drive efficiency and reduce costs.
- Conduct research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality.
- Project Management
- Work with the Market Analysis Transformation Lead (Associate Director) and Stronger Market Analysis pod to design market analysis products and lead project management of affiliate implementation activities.
- Establish tools and processes to measure, track, and report utilization and performance metrics for the Stronger Change Office and Stronger Project Initiatives.
- Maintain and update a database of project related documents.
- Coordinate with the Market Analysis Transformation Lead (Associate Director) and the Stronger Change Office Director in preparing progress reports, grant reports, and other communications to Stronger and PPFA stakeholders.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team, including telecommuters across the U.S.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of Stronger and PPFA and work across geographies and socio-political contexts in a culturally competent way.
Requirements and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Prior project management experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Tableau or similar business intelligence tool(s) and Asana/Smartsheet or other project management tools preferred.
- Experience with Esri systems (e.g. ArcGIS, Business Analyst) preferred.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare landscape is preferred.
Personal Qualities and Other Attributes
- Ability to effectively interact with non-analytic audiences regarding analytic findings; understands how to tell a story towards supporting a recommendation.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions in a highly professional, confidential, and sensitive manner.
- Collaborative work style. Able to facilitate among diverse communities and individuals
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent projects. Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding and field questions with minimal oversight.
- Stronger is open to a remote candidate for this position. The Manager will be expected to spend ~25-30% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.