Temporary Coordinator, OSVP Comms
Communications & Culture – Office of the SVP of Comm
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) Office of the Senior Vice President, Communications & Culture has an opening for a temporary Coordinator, Communications & Culture to support the Senior Vice President and Managing Director. This position will be responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the Senior Vice President and the Managing Director, Communications & Culture. The ideal candidate is high-energy, thrives in a fast-paced work environment, learns quickly, can think on their feet, and has a passion for social change. He/she will serve as the primary point of contact for the broader Communications and Culture team. He/she will oversee the execution of the SVP's time and work flow through calendar and logistics management. Additionally, they will coordinate with key points of contact, including the senior leadership team, to ensure
alignment on scheduling, messaging, and events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and ensure proper prioritization of internal and external scheduling requests for the SVP, Communications & Culture and the Managing Director, Communications & Culture.
- Responsible for end-to-end facilitation of all SVP meetings and commitments, including, but not limited to logistics (facilities and AV), meeting preparation, meeting notes and communication, onsite support, and meeting scribe.
- Provide ongoing logistical support and troubleshooting throughout the day, including rescheduling and facilitating meeting transitions.
- Oversee travel and logistics, including but not limited to, manage the booking of all necessary
- transportation and lodging related to professional travel, organize and coordinate travel plans with internal and external stakeholders, develops detailed itineraries.
- Administer contract process including requesting and executing contracts.
- Assists in the budget process for the team, including but not limited to expense tracking, payment processing for contracts, and financial reconciliation.
- Works with other coordinators within the Communications & Culture division and serves as a back-up.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1-3 years of administrative / office experience.
- Experience with managing multiple calendars.
- Experience with making domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Budget management experience a plus.
- Invoice processing or accounts payable experience.
- Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Documents, Google Drive, and Google Calendar.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of booking travel.
- Willingness to learn new software and management tools as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Keen attention to detail, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-your sleeves attitude.
- Passion for our organizational mission.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.