2020 Summer Intern-Brand Projects
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Communication & Culture departments seeks a dynamic Brand Projects Intern. Reporting to the Senior Brand Project Director, and working closely with the larger Brand Projects team, he/she/they will be responsible for assisting with project planning for priority health marketing and advocacy campaigns; working to ensure alignment on projects across teams; and on-time and quality delivery of assignments. The chosen candidate must be detail oriented, work well independently and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. He/she/they will be responsible for assisting with strategic marketing plans across culture, creative, and communications work as we aim to drive brand loyalty with a concentrated effort to reach key constituencies, including communities of color, young people, and the LGBTQ community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the project management of campaigns and ongoing Brand & Culture work, ensuring that timelines, strategies, and workflows are implemented and aligned to the project’s overarching vision and mission.
- Assist in oversight of quality control and vendor coordination, as well as scope and contracts for Brand & Culture projects and in collaboration with other PPFA departments.
- Develop project schedules, identify impact moments and peaks, opportunities for integration within the Brand & Culture team and in collaboration with Media, Digital, and cross functional partners.
- Juggle an often large volume of work effectively, balancing extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead work, ensuring that projects are on track and that supervisor and other staff are regularly updated about the status of projects.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- A strong commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- A basic understanding of Google suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A dependable work ethic.
- Ideally (but not required), candidate would have some experience in communications/marketing, journalism, public health/sexuality education, and/or political advocacy. This can also include fellowships, internships, and traditional work experience.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to plan projects on very tight deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.